[PLUGIN] - VideoJS Advanced + YouTube, Vimeo, Wistia, HLS, DASH, MUX, Pre-roll Ads (plus more)

I’ve tried it many times, but the trick part is how to rotate the video player and still get the responsive well…
As it seems, the “rotate” feature doesn’t work in youtube links
and I don’t know any programing to get it right with html changes (I’ve tried, it looks like it could work, but I’m not skilled enough to do it haha)

Yeh it’s a bit tricky. I had a go at trying to do something for you earlier today on a demo page, but ending up getting frustrated! There’s a number of things that need to be dealt with to make the video player go full screen both vertical and horizontal just like it does natively. I can probably deal with all these things in a single action, maybe call it “Force native full screen” but it will be fiddly and I’ll need a way to undo all the css changes too.

iPhones have that horrible white area at the sides when you go landscape, it can be removed using:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, viewport-fit=cover">

But the width of the video player needs to be calculated based on the page height and maintain the aspect ratio also. It can be done, maybe I’ll have a crack at doing it when I get more time on my hands but for the time, you may just have to play a bit more with Bubble’s settings, or… when you have a video that you want for full screen, don’t use the videoJS player, instead use an HTML element which loads the video in a basic player and sets the CSS that way perhaps.

Sorry I can’t help too much at the moment.

Don’t worry Paul, it’s something I think it’s not worth going after now. Thank you very much for giving it a go!
The best solution would through gaurav’s BDK, to allow it directly. I will just wait haha

By the way, I have another question.

When we’re dealing with youtube videos, is there a chance that the video won’t be fetched? I noticed that if I load the page many times (I guess) the video player gets empty, maybe youtube blocks the iFrame in order to prevent view hacking. Is that something I need to be careful?

It’s not something I’ve noticed before, I would have thought it would load the videos every time, I can’t think of why it wouldn’t but then the videoJS YouTube plugin code is pretty outdated compared to the version of videoJS which I’m running with right now. No one really maintains it. If you see it happen again, open up the dev tools and send me a PM of a screenshot, there might be an error in there which I can deal with.

Sure! I’m gonna be aware, if this happens I’m gonna tell you
(I’ve bought the plugin 2 days ago, so I still don’t have that much data to be sure)

Nice design. Pytch was made on bubble?

Yup! :slight_smile:

Hello, I did the up date and I add to go back because vimeo video was not working anymore. Can you please look to fix that. I was getting an error message like the server is down or the link is not good. I dod not what was my version so I just step back to 236,0

Hi @rtanguay
There has been some changes with Vimeo recently, both by themselves and to the plugin.

Are you able to send me the vimeo URL which wasn’t working so I can test it?

How can I send You in private because it’s a client
private video

@pork1977gm I love that you’ve added some additional functionality for soundwaves recently.

Although, for some reason, I haven’t been able to get soundwaves to actually render for a while. Anytime I use the ‘Toggle Visual Sound Wave’ action, it appears to create the soundwave but it stays a completely flat line.

Any thoughts?

Additional Info

I reverted back to several different plugin versions, and still have not found success.

The VideoPlayer element enters “waveform” state. It draws a straight line of whatever color I choose. But no waveform.

Just click on my profile picture and click on the blue (Message) button and it will go to me only.

To give you some details on what’s changed here, for Vimeo files to play successfully in the videoJS player, the MP4 has to be extracted first, without doing that, they will only play when you check the “Use Vimeo player” option and then the Vimeo player comes into action. I do that through the use of a paid scraper account so everyone can take full advantage of it. But last month or so, Vimeo must have made some changes because the URL fields (the data which is retrieved through that request) had changed so those MP4 links were no longer present and I couldn’t find a reliable way to get the links. That’s what we were seeing anyway.

This is only for new videos though. It seems that any Vimeo videos created from around the first week in November, you can’t play anymore. You either have to use the Vimeo player option or you need to upgrade your account so that you can make an API request to retrieve the MP4.

Details for that are here and any video retrieved in this way is now playable.
Vimeo API Reference: Videos

I’ve done a couple of things recently, first was to upgrade my scraper account and there was a new key added into the plugin. It’s now faster and can handle more concurrent requests. I’ve just gone through and checked all this and realised I missed something, for which I’m really sorry about, that may well be the cause of your problem here so can you update to v1.248.0 and let me know if it’s now fixed.

@josh19 tagging you in here since you’re my resident hero when it comes to all things Vimeo related… this may well affect you, apologies, I should have spotted this.

@rtanguay
Can you send me this Vimeo file anyway and let me know the creation date for it?
I want to check that it loads ok.

@Tyler1
Send me the URL you have and I’ll test it.

Is it possible to make a video (especially a youtube video) to play only from XX seconds to XX seconds? And make it impossible for the user to go out this time range?

I know it’s possible to make a video start from XX seconds, And it’s possible to trigger an event when it reaches XX seconds. But, how to prevent the user to not go out of this? Is there an easy solution?

Hey Paul (@pork1977gm ), I’m having some challenges with audio files (mp3) on mobile devices for some reason and was hoping you would have some advice on how I can fix this. The problem is that the poster image disappears once the audio starts playing and it’s just a blank dark screen. This only happens on mobile devices, on a desktop the poster image is visible all the way through.

Any tips on how I can fix this?

Cheers and thanks for a great plugin!

I haven’t tried this on mobile (with an mp3) but what happens if you tick this box and try it?

Yep, that makes the poster visible on mobile devices for mp3 files. However, the problem is that it seems to override video files and show the poster instead of showing the video when playing…

Any ideas on how I can insure that video files are visible instead of the poster when “poster always visible box is ticked”?

Thank you

I think you can set that checkbox dynamically on the conditionals tab. One of the states, might be called media type can be either ‘video’ or ‘audio’

I think we are almost there, so the video displays when setting the checkbox dynamically on the conditional tabs until an audio version is played with a poster is played. After that, the videos stop appearing and the poster is visible instead of the video. I tried ticking the “poster reload” as well as using different states (media, file extension, etc) but no luck…

So Paul, I don’t know why, but sometimes (like less than 5% of the time) the youtube video is not loaded…

I noticed that when this happens the “Metadata” is not loaded as well.

I could fix it with a condition that when the video is tried to be played, and Metadata loaded is “no”, to load the video on the player again, then it shows the right video.

Hi,

I want to ask if your app plugin “VideoJS Advanced + MUX (All Media)” can automatically convert and downscale a video or image? I’m creating a stock video/photo company and I’m trying to get my developers to do the following:

1. When our video contributors submit a 5K video for admin approval, once we click approve, can your app “VideoJS Advanced + MUX (All Media)” create downscaled versions of the 5K video essentially creating new videos in 4K and HD.
Can we modify the bitrate of the new videos created/converted? We then want to store those new videos on an Amazon S3 bucket. So a customer can then choose to purchase a 5K, 4K, or HD version of the video.

2. Does your plugin allow us to add a custom watermark image (.png) to overlay on all the videos and photos we sell so no one can take them from the internet directly?

3. Does your plugin allow us to modify the bitrate of the video clips that are streamed so customers can stream content with faster load times?

Do you all know of any app plugins that can do this at this time? Thank you!