QR & Bar Code Reader - New Plugin from Zeroqode

We have just published a new plugin - QR & Bar Code Reader

This plugin enables smooth and seamless QR and Bar code reading functionality in your Bubble app.

For details, screenshots and demos please visit Barcode & QR Code Reader Plugin for Bubble | Zeroqode.

If you have questions about this plugin or need any help, please reach out on Zeroqode Forum at https://forum.zeroqode.com

Levon Terteryan
Founder @ Zeroqode & Bubblewits

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses
Convert Web to iOS & Android
No-code Development Services

6 Likes

And a demo gif:

1 Like

What barcode types does it scan?
I see several ean13 codes
but what about pallet barcodes like
ean 128
sscc
gs1
code 39?

Hello @marco1.
Here’s the full list of supported types of scans for the plugin:

• UPC-A
  • UPC-E
  • Code128
  • Code93
  • Code39
  • Standard/Industrial 2 of 5
  • Interleaved 2 of 5
  • Codabar
  • EAN-13
  • QRCode

In demo however we showcased only a few: Code128, EAN-13 and QR Code.

Regards,
Zeroqode Team.

2 Likes

I am trying to use this add on but it is only bringing up the front camera on the phone. Even thou the setting is for the rear .

are you trying our demo or you installed the plugin?
if the latter please use this documentation - https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/qr-and-bar-code-reader-plugin

Is there also a way to create a QR code?

Like a reservation is made, then a QR code is generated and saved to the user who made the reservations account. Later the user could present the QR code to redeem an entry ticket for their reservation?

When the QR code is scanned by the business, all the reservation holders details could be attached to the QR code.

i have installed the plugin. But it is not using my rear camera. I have also used this same doc. to set it up.

We have just added this feature
we added element generateQR that returns a state Generated Image to the plugin
please upgrade to the latest version to try
we have updated our demo with this feature as well: https://zeroqode-demo-07.bubbleapps.io/qr-bar_code_reader

2 Likes

@marlonromano
which element of the plugin you installed? Did you try testing on a different phone?
Which demo page you used as a reference? We have recently updated the library used in the plugin, so there are 2 elements old and new (and 2 demos old and new)

Ok so I think I have the new version now. I see there is one under visual elements and one under input forms which one should i use. I am trying to use the scanner to verify weather or not the bar code on a physical product matches the bar code in the DB for that specific item. This will ensure that the correct item is being picked for the customers order. So i need to know what barcode reader to use and where do i go about putting in the code for this to work. Will it be in the workflow?

Did you check the docs and the demo page?

yes i did but it is very confusing . how does it work ? I have already have UPC codes set up in my articles table . So each item has a upc already. what i dont get is the pictures in the demo of the bar codes what are they for. Do i have to do the same thing or not?

pictures of the barcodes are the visual elements that come with the plugin. Just replicate everything as in the demo page

ok so from what i understand so far is that i will have to upload a picture of every single barcode for every item. inorder for this to work . Am I correct? But does the live scanner work I am trying to use it. It comes on but does not read the bar code nothing happens

what is the diffrence between these two

Hello @levon, I have the plugin working fine for now when I have barcode = auto but when I have barcode type = qr_code_reader, I continually get error message “The plugin QR & Bar Code Reader / action Stop live Detector a barcode_reader_2 threw the following error: Cannot read property ‘type’ of undefined”. I get the same when I copy your group from editor and replicate it.

Auto does not pick up my QR codes but when I selets type = qr_code_reader, it works great. Thanks.

yes, this is clearly stated in documentation that you should not set Auto if you want to scan qr codes.

plugin has old library and new library, this is explained in the docs

no, it should work as a live scanner. Please refer to the documentation and demo pages to make it work.