📚 Quickbooks Accounting - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Yea that is what i was trying to reference… which is how i got the live version to work perfectly. Just cant figure out why the dev one authenticates but errors out after

i will try removing the dev keys

yes, that’s what I suggest

And here is comment from @jarrad who created this plugin

The reason the QuickBooks Dev side doesn’t work as expected is because when you use your QuickBooks development keys the plugin calls should then be sandbox urls… so unless we make a whole another copy for Dev then you just use live keys in both dev and production in bubble.

or just remove the dev keys and it’ll be the same

BAM! Took out the keys and it works perfectly now.

Now i can move on to what i wanted… which is attempt to create an invoice… which so far i failed at properly formatting the JSON to successfully do that. I image this will be a learning curve to get that to work right.

Great, glad it worked, experiment with it a bit and if in trouble post some screenshots here, we’ll try to help

what does it mean when i get this error… i seemed to flush out the formatting to get all the bad response errors to go away… but now i get this error and i do no know what it means.

I should note that i am logged in to QB and the data is flowing fine when i do API calls

is it for some of the calls or all of them?

It is for the create invoice call… it works fine if i create a customer

I have reinitiated that call and republished the plugin. Please install the latest version, refresh the browser and let me know if it’s fixed now.
thanks

1 Like

Yes it worked and created an invoice as expected!!! AWESOME!!! Getting excited can not lie!!!

2 Likes

Great, Ryan, let us know in case if any other troubles :slight_smile:

what would be the best way to format the line items? I don’t know how you could like loop through all the sub item records and create line items. So my thought was to take the section of JSON that represents the ITEM and pre-format it under each bubble LINE ITEM record in a text record, then recombine all the bubble items JSON text records as a list and print that list dynamically into the final request box that the plugin submits. Is that the right approach or is there a super simple way that i’m just not thinking of.

So like this here would be pre-formatted in each item record in bubble… then combined as a final list and that is then printed into the final JSON

“Line”: [{
“Id”: “1”,
“LineNum”: 1,
“Description”: “Web Deisgn Services”,
“Amount”: 350,
“DetailType”: “SalesItemLineDetail”,
“SalesItemLineDetail”: {
“ItemRef”: {
“value”: “1”,
“name”: “Products:Web Design”
},
“ItemAccountRef”: {
“value”: “1”,
“name”: “Sales”
}
}
},

What statement or api call would i use to query a list of customer accounts? I cant figure-out how to get just general data in a list format, like a list of all customers or vendors so i can sync their ID to the accounts in my app.

Quickbooks has a great API explorer that i recommend to use Intuit Developer
you should sign in there and then for each call you can click “get default body” like you can see on the screenshot below

for a list of customer accounts we have a call “Read Accounts”
for list of customers we have “Query Customer”

for other queries, please let us know which lists you need to have and we will add those calls to the plugin
thanks

Okay thats what i thought but when i run that i get an incomplete expression. When i try to click the next step to finish the data it is empty like it is trying to get something or needs something but it is not there.

Question

I also tried some different select statements from the API docs, but i did not get anything different? I am assuming that is the correct select statement to get all customers though

because you are trying to use it for a single element while while the query is considered to be a list. Simply select Query Customer’s first item’s… and then the field you need. That way Bubble will know you are referring to a single record not a list.
If you use it in a repeating group then you don’t need to put “first item”

That’s the issue though… the next option is completely blank… like its is tying to pull up the list of options but the windows is empty. Its just a thin grey box.

So i can not finish the expression