[RELEASED / FREE] Emoji One Area Picker and Converter

For now I don’t need access to editor. Just a screenshot of the setting of multiline input field and a link to a page where I can see this issue. This can be a dummy page where you reproduce the same setting.

Thanks so much. You can see the input settings below. DM’d you the link to a test page where you can see the issue. I’m pretty sure the issue is with visibility settings (though I don’t know in what way). I have multiple groups within a single cell of a parent repeating group. All are hidden by default and visible only when certain conditions are met. The multiline and Emoji OA elements are nested within one of these groups. the strange thing is that they are visible. Just disabled. Thank you again.

Hi, I’m getting this error

The plugin Emoji One Area Picker / element EmojiOA threw the following error: d@PLUGIN_Emoji-One-Area-Picker-update–EmojiOA-.js:3:19
anonymous@PLUGIN_Emoji-One-Area-Picker-update–EmojiOA-.js:5:461
q/l.initialize/</</</<@https://dhtiece9044ep.cloudfront.net/package/run_debug_js/ffc6236b2c30dad7d6a7b7a09c30b271c389552350057b9d23af9863b6f42409/xfalse/x5:18:461913 (please report this to the plugin author)

Im using it in a reusable element on a multiline input - any idea?

I suggest you to do that: Put the emojioOne element not visible on page load and a condition to make it visible when resuable element is visible. I’m currently working on a new update that will work in a different way that the first version so I will not make a short term update for that.

Hi @Jici and thanks for a good and straight forward plugin.

I have one issue. When I add this plugin to my multiline input it makes the multiline input element height bigger that it should be. I can’t seem to get it into the size it should be. Do you know if I do something wrong or if it’s a bug?

Editor: This is the height it should be:

IRL:

Hi @mikke I’m aware of this issue and I’m working on a fix. If you need something really quick, I can give you a CSS that you can add in html element to fix that.

Hi, a HTML would be awesome! Thanks :slight_smile:

Hey! I really like the Plugin. Would be great to have a HTML element /CSS fix to overwrite the standard input form settings (Border:0;) I did try !important; but it didn’t work.

1 Like

Hi @Jici happy new year and thanks so much for the plugin - v cool.

The plugin is working well but it seems to disable any other actions.

For instance, I have an input which is mapped to the Emoji OA by the same ID attribute, and also a text box which counts the number characters in the same input box.

The count characters text box doesnt work though when I am using the emoji picker. If I disable the emoji picker then it works…

Is there something I may have missed in the emoji picker settings?

Apologies in advance, as you can tell i’m a bit of a novice.

Thanks so much

Hi!
What happen with the plugin is this will replace the original input element by a new one. Both are linked, but only if input focus is removed. This was not the case before (it was on each key entered) but it’s seem that something have been broken in the library and this library is no more maintened by author. This is why the plugin is free. I consider moving to a different solution but actually didn’t find one that match my expectations.

So the count character should work when you are out of the input. Can you confirm?

Hey Jici,

So not too sure if I understand correctly but yes the character count works when I disable or remove the plugin from the input.

Totally understand this is a free plugin and not maintained. I would be certainly willing to pay for something more robust or a custom build if you were interested. Please do PM if so.

Thx!

I mean more if you type in the input (emoji one) and click somwhere else to blue/remove focus from the input. Does it count character?

I maintain the plugin but the library used by the plugin is no more maitained.

Hey, ah yes it does… thx

Ok. I will work on a fix to make the emoji picker to be synced on keydown instead. It’s may not be easy to do but it’s doable. Let me a few days to try to find a fix

Oh amazing - thanks so much!

Thanks for the great plugin! Is there a way we can control the tooltip?

Hi @Jett !
Not possible.
I’m working on a new plugin for emoji picker because this one use an old library that is no more supported. This is why It’s free.

Did you test to add custom CSS to the page to edit Tooltip?

1 Like

Great to know bc the current one brings back empty emojis that cannot be used.

What do you mean @cmarchan? you can write me in PM for support if you have trouble with current version

Will do. I had this problem in an app where the chosen emoji showed in the picker but once used in a workflow to update a text field in the dB did nor render the emoji when displayed in a text element in another page of the app. This happened for some emojis … not for all.

1 Like