Repeating group loading - slow

Here is the image of the data source:

Yeah, so you’re “Doing a search for…” which will be slower. You could do something like “Current Page empresas’ Facturas” instead

In my case that´s not possible since the invoices are not a list connected to the user.

Any thoughts?

Thanks a lot.

What are they connected to?

So I´ve connected the company to the invoice but in the company there is no list of invoices because they could be more than 1000.

What do you think?

Thanks a lot.

Hi there @andrewgassen
I was also facing performance issues by using “do a search for…” however initially I used this method because I could use a sorting on the result. What I am facing now is that sorting option is missing in my example…

Here is what I have basically

Thing Event (the largest entity)
Thing EventGallery (the galleries belonging to a specific event)
Thing EventGalleryDetails (single entries in this case images with the actual values of the gallery)

A dropdown selects the event on top of the page so I can load all the images (EventGalleryDetails) of a specific Gallery from the Event in the dropdown. This goes way faster than “Do a search for…”…however I cannot influence the sort order of the resulting list of images…I do not have the option “sorted by…” as seen in your screenshot.
Any idea why?
Thanks for your time!!

When you click the last word on your expression, a little box should show up to the right that says, “More.” Clicking on that gives the filter controls.

@andrewgassen Thank you very much for the quick answer…Actually my mistake was to go down to item level in the expression and there you obviously do not have a sorting option (what to sort anyway when having only one item). When I wason list (of items) level one step ahead in the expression got the sort by option and only after that I went on item (image) level.

1 Like

Got it! Thanks for responding, the community is better for it!

Hello.
Sorry, how did you create this dropdown and how did you reference it in repeat group?
I’m a layman lol … if you can send a gif or images it would be very intuitive.
Thanks.