Repeating Group with multiple datatypes

I have 3 data types, “Customer, Sales and Receipts”. So, for each customer I want to make customer statement like
Name of Customer, Sales, Receipts and Balance = Sales - Receipts and Running Sum

Is this possible to show all that in single repeating group? For now I have gone through solutions but I didn’t found any so, what I did is I created a third data type by name of Customer Accounts and once I create each sale it automatically drops data to Customer Accounts data type and once I record Receipt it also drops data in Customer Accounts as a new row.

My question is If there’s a way to do that without creating Customer Accounts table? If there isn’t any way to do that Is it good practice what I did to create a new Customer Account Data type?

In native development we combine data from multiple connected tables in a query and use that query to act as table and is used in other data manipulations, So I created Customer Accounts Data type as a native query…

One idea would be to do a repeating group of Customers. Inside of it you could have 2 more repeating groups:

1. Sales where the source filters for only that customer
  2. Receipts one where the source filters for only that customer.
4 Likes

Yes I have tried that and thanks that it worked. I also want to know that , instead of creating repeating group for that purpose If another data type is created so will it be a good practice or not?
The reason why am asking this question is that in the repeating group both of entries are displaying parallel to eachother whereas, my requirement is to show Sales and Receipts entries in separate row as order of there occurence.

Yes I have tried that and thanks that it worked. I also want to know that , instead of creating repeating group for that purpose If another data type is created so will it be a good practice or not?
The reason why am asking this question is that in the repeating group both of entries are displaying parallel to eachother whereas, my requirement is to show Sales and Receipts entries in separate row as order of there occurence.
In the pics the data If RG is used is shown in Pic 1 whereas, I want it to be look like Pic 2 tabular form and I think it will not be possible using RG so thats why I used to create other Datatype.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.