Reset Password Email getting blocked on business email addresses

Hi there.

I have a reset a password process that sends a “reset password” email to the email address entered.

I have the following issue:

• Reset password email sends to gmail addresses
    - Reset password email does not send to business addresses
    - For businesses addresses, the emails don’t even go to spam - it seems that they are blocked by the server

I have ensured the following:

• checking of email is stuck in spam
  • same email gets sent to gmail accounts
  • other emails without reset password link go to both gmail and business email addresses (seems like the rest password link itself is marked as spam on the server side of business email addresses)

How do I overcome this small, but very frustrating issue.

Thank you for your response in advance!

Were you able to resolve this issue? It appears that the same issue is happening to us

HI Guys,
Try to user setup sendgrid with verified sender authendicator. It will resove this issue.

Happens a lot. I stopped using sendgrid, or the default @bubble.io mail workflows.

I set up a Microsoft 365 account with a “admin@custom-domain” and send mails using the Microsoft graph API. Even “no-reply@custom-domain” was getting blocked by some users. Not even marked as spam, just straight blocked. :man_shrugging:

Try Postmark instead!

1 Like

HI there,

UnfortunatelyI have not. Going to try @davidrasner5’s approach

ffs all this WU anxiety, price increases and simple stuff is starting not to work!!! im in the same boat …corp email blocking it and not even going to spam. Bubble is becoming useless. works dandy with postmark for anyone reading this.

1 Like

We’ve had similar issues. Specifically Microsoft Outlook have blocked emails from our domain due to URL detonation … Which was caused by Bubble’s AWS domain being used by malicious actors, so any domains that linked to files on that URL have been blacklisted and emails sent to quarantine.

We had to ask our clients to do a ‘primary override’ on Outlook. We’re also changing our dedicated IP address on Sendgrid.

I’m not sure if it’s the same issue you’re experiencing, but worth looking into.

1 Like

Hi all, i had the same issue on both postmark and sendgrid dedicated ip. Emails were landing everywhere apart from outlook 365. I posted a solution here:

1 Like

@andy.i this is the solution!

I setup postmark, and emails were still not landing in outlook inboxes. This is frustrating that S3 links are being seen as phishing attempts

Thank you, you are a gem.

For those struggling to get the naming issue correct with uploading images onto root, check this out - http://forum.bubble.io/t/hosting-files-in-the-root-directory-not-working/246556/3

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.