I would like to create a restaurant booking system with some extra features. I don’t have much experience with building apps, and it looks like I am unable to design the database.
The app should look like a form (multistep or single page).
- The restaurant has 2 main areas: bar and restaurant. No specific table. Just areas.
- Each area has a limit, let’s say restaurant: 50 customers, bar 100 customers at a given time.
- There are recurring events Wine Tasting evert Thursday and Live Cooking every Friday.
- Events starts at a set time 19:00.
- You can book either an event or Restaurant/Bar.
So basically how I imagined it:
User selects Date.
User selects number of attendees.
User selects Event(if available) or Bar/Restaurant.
User selects check-in hour.
User submits the request.
I can’t wrap my head around the idea of multi level database structure. How should I manage the limit for each area based on date and time?
Any input is gold at this point.