Reusing files stored in file manager

Hi, this would seem to be a super easy task but I can’t seem to see it…

I have an image which has been uploaded as a static image on a page. It gets stored in file manager. Now I’d like to use the same image on a different page. I can upload it again but that would seem to be a bit of a waste especially if I want to change it in both places later.

So the question is how do I reference an image in the file manager to place it on a page as a static image?

As I was writing that I had an idea, I copied the URL of the image in the file manager and added it to an arbitrary text option in the Dynamic image field. This worked so I seem to have answered my own question but it feels like there should be a better way? I would have thought there would be a way to search the file manager and select the image some how?

Thanks!!

1 Like

Use a file data type, or a re useable element. Logos should always be put in reusable elements.

1 Like

Hello @solutions-lc I made a YouTube tutorial that solves this EXACT problem.

Take a look, this should help you.
Happy bubbling…

1 Like

Yes logos are in reusable elements such as header / footer. This is more adhoc images. It can be built as you say but as Bubble has provided a file manager I would have thought it would have some basic DAM functionality but I guess not. I’ll build it in and reuse across apps as a template I think.

You can put static images in option sets too - just make them texts rather than image files so only the URL is loaded on page load rather than the image (option sets are all loaded on page load). I have a Placeholders option set for placeholder profile pictures, organisation logos etc in one of my apps.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.