🔀 Reverse Repeating Groups for Chats - New Plugin from Zeroqode

One can also create a reverse repetitive group by defining a CSS property on the first div element of your repeating group.
Step 1: Create a repeting group, and enter the ID. How to define Id attribute
Step 2: Reverse the data source in descending order.
Step 3: Create an HTML component and save

<style>
#<repeting-group-id> > div:first-of-type {
             display: flex; 
             flex-direction: column-reverse;
}
</style>

where is the id-attribute of repeting group.

9 Likes

@shubh.singh094 I like the idea!
But some tests should be made with the responsive design to make sure it doesn’t break. Bubble’s responsive engine isn’t based on flexbox (unfortunately) so your solution may interfere with it…

Hello, @nishimura. Thanks for your question.

I hope I understood your question right. The simplest way to display the height Reverse Repeating Groups in a maximum allowed window size is to play with the repeating group element height, to make it look the most suitable to your needs:
https://prnt.sc/snjhj8
https://prnt.sc/snjhsp
https://prnt.sc/snji4w
If this is not the answer you needed, please provide us with more details :slight_smile:

Regards,
Zeroqode Team

1 Like

Works great! I’ve noticed two small things though that I am not sure of. Is their a way to change the direction of the scroll wheel so that scrolling down goes up or vice versa? Also I did notice that images and text are not as clear anymore, they are for some reason a bit blurrier; was wondering if anyone might know the reason for that. Thanks!

Edit: The second issue has gone away, I assume it was a browser issue.

Hi @Drahgoone,

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, it is not possible to change the scroll direction with our plugin.

However, we have taken it into consideration and will look into future possibilities for improvement!

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

Has anyone run into issues with organizing the RG by Creation Date? My plugin was working just fine a few weeks ago. Now all the messages are in order from “Creation Date” Descending “No” no matter how I try and adjust the setting. Thanks

1 Like

@PasqualeJS Hi there.

Have you tried re-installing the plugin, placing a new element on page , adjusting the settings and trying again?
I believe sometimes things like this happen when changes are made in the plugin api on bubble’s backend and things go crazy for some users.

Cheers.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip but still no luck. @ZeroqodeSupport Any help on this?

Hi, @PasqualeJS!

As far as the issue is not reproducing on our side, could you please provide a bit more details like screenshots of the plugin element settings, screenshots of RG settings and screenshot of the result you get in order to investigate this issue?

Just in case, if you set from “Creation date” descending “No” , then you will see messages from old to new. If you set the descending “Yes” then you’ll the messages from new to old.

Best,
Zeroqode Team

Hi, @Drahgoone!

We are happy to inform you that we have updated the plugin and added scrolling wheel direction and moreover - hiding the scroll bar. :slightly_smiling_face:

Please upgrade the plugin to the latest version, refresh your app and give it a try again. :slightly_smiling_face:

Best,
Zeroqode Team

Great thanks!

Hi, @PasqualeJS1

You are always welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:

If you like our plugin you can rate it by going to the Plugins tab in Bubble editor. Find the plugin by name and it give it as many stars as it deserves. :slightly_smiling_face:

The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to make things better in Bubble. :slightly_smiling_face:

Best,
Zeroqode Team

Hello! How does this work? I am not noticing any differences in the new version.

Hi, @Drahgoone!

Could you please check if you are using the plugin latest version- 1.67.0 Fixed Placeholder Bug.

In the new version, we added scrolling wheel direction and hiding the scroll bar.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Best,
Zeroqode Team

Any chance this plugin works in a full list type repeating group ?

Hello @silvajosemeluria

Thanks for reaching out!

No, I’m afraid it is not possible to use with the Full List type RG. Sorry about that :pray:

For more details on how to setup correctly please check out demo setup: https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=reverse_repeating&id=zeroqode-demo-17&tab=tabs-1

Regards,
Zeroqode Team.

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport,
i’ve tried your demo and … well, it seems there’s something wrong with punctuation :

when i finish any comment with a punctuation mark, the plugin displays it at the begining of the comment. in the last example of the picture, it reverses the marks’ order.

Any hint ? any solution ?

i’m looking such a plugin for my app so … :slight_smile:

HTH,

Best regards,

Guillaume

Hi @gmaison,

Thanks for reaching out. Please let us investigate it and get back to you with another reply asap!

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

Hi @gmaison,

So this plugin comes with a feature you can check on/off here:

Which specifies the direction whether from right-to-left or left-to-right. Here is an example of a chat without this feature enabled:

As you can see, the punctuation is in the right place.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

1 Like

Nice !
Thanks for your quick answer :slight_smile:

1 Like