RG with filter: keep element when status changed

I have a RG that has a related filter by “Status”. Sometimes I have the filter set to exclude the records which have a “Complete” status. In those cases when I’m changing the record’s status to “Complete” it is immediately filtered out from the RG, which is undesirable. Is there a way to keep this record in the view until something else happens (for example the status of another record is changed)?

Hi there, @pedropais… I initially had a detailed response here in which I attempted to walk through an example I made, and then I realized that the overall concept is pretty basic, and the detailed response might actually be complicating the matter.

In a nutshell, you can do what you described by using a custom state. When the filter value is changed, set a custom state’s value to a list of the filtered things, and in the next step of the workflow, set the repeating group’s data source to the custom state’s value.

With the repeating group’s data source now being held in a custom state, changing an item’s status will not immediately remove the item from the repeating group, and I believe that is what you are trying to accomplish.

Anyway, like I said, I have an example, so if the concept isn’t clear and you want some screenshots to help you get down this path, just let me know.

Hope this helps.

Best…
Mike

1 Like

Thank you for the initial reply and for the clarification. I think this should solve the issue, but it requires that I remove all filters from the RG data source and implement them via workflows, right? Or is there a way to combine both using filters and a list from the custom state?

Yes, that is correct. If you go the custom state route, you don’t need to combine it with constraints/filters on the data source of the repeating group element itself.

1 Like