RGs don't update when a new item is added

Yeah, it might be related!
Just noticed the watcher API runs on the page, so might be a browser thing but this happened to me before the update, I just did the update now!

Is yours working now?

For this repeating group, I have implemented the above temp solution, but for other elements it doesn’t not call it properly (especially make changes to a thing)

1 Like

Raised a bug request to bubble to follow, but this a clear issue in the DB connection and actions

2 Likes

I got a response on my bug report. Support was unable to reproduce this issue.

Just to confirm, this behavior continues today. If a thing is deleted, it behaves accordingly and is removed from the RG. However, if I create a new thing it won’t show in the RG until I refresh the page.

This is abnormal behavior and is still an issue today.

To provide more detail for Bubble Support
Here’s a previous thread of the same issue a while back. Which was solved by Support quickly.

Hi Facing similar issue

I have been experiencing this too. Not sure when it started though. Hope this can be resolved soon. :blush: Thanks!

All, Just to confirm - this is still an issue today. It was working for about an hour this morning. Now it’s broken again.

1 Like

Same here pal!

1 Like

We are still experience this bug as well.

A detail I never added: I have multiple RGs - only one of them has this issue.

It seems the issue only happens to repeating groups that are visible while you create the new thing.

RGs that are hidden or RGs that are updated through another browser seem to work correctly.

If anyone is interested in testing: open a second browser in incognito mode and watch as you create the new thing. It may work.

If anyone sees this thread and thinks your RGs are working fine: make sure you check any RGs you have that are visible while you create a new thing.

2 Likes

Whoa – good find, @brad.h !

I checked with bubble support directly. They have not mentioned anything with privacy rules.

Here’s the latest info from bubble support:

Since monday, there has been a window roughly aligned with ET working hours (yesterday, this was 9:45AM - 6PM ET) during which this process wasn’t able to keep up with demand, and started dropping queries. When I drafted my last response, we the time window where this piece of infrastructure was underwater was just beginning, and simple searches would still go through, but around peak hours all of our real-time updates were indeed failing, causing this to be a partial outage of this service.

Its certainly a known issue with bubble. And it seems like they’ve nailed it down to peak hours of usage.

I hope we’re getting close to a fix :grinning:

1 Like

All, this seems to be working correctly today. Bubble support also indicated the root cause, and mentioned plans for a rock solid fix in the future.

Thanks bubble support team!! :facepunch:

1 Like

@eve Hi Eve This issue is still in live environment however on test environment data is fetching in Repeating group

Yup, I have a to-do app list and when I try to add a new to-do item, sometimes it live updates sometimes it does not without a browser refresh.

I did notice that late at night it doesn’t happen as frequently as during the day, so it might be due to the overload on Bubbles servers.

Glad to hear it’s just not my app.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.