Running into roadblocks when rebuilding Real Estate app

I decided to move from Wix to Bubble because Wix is Pro-Code when it comes to creating Web Apps and I’m not a developer. I’ver gotten pretty far with my project but I wanted to be on a platform where I can truly build a web app with no code. With that being said, I’m running into some hiccups that I wouldn’t have expected.

So far it seems like I can’t do the following:

• Display photo gallery of listings (dynamic)
  • Allow users to upload multiple photos for listings
  • Display dynamic HTML for 3D tours on listings

These are the issues that’ve ran into on day 1, I just started to move my databases over and noticed this. Any help will be appreciated. These are pretty basic things for me.

Repeating group of listing’s photos

Listing data type with User field

HTML element with dynamic text inside, or 360 Degree Viewer and Panorama Plugin for Bubble | Zeroqode

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing! Here’s my response.

• Display photo gallery of listings (dynamic)

So there’s no way to have a field in the database with the photos? For example:

• Allow users to upload multiple photos for listings
    I meant “multiple photos”

• Display dynamic HTML for 3D tours on listings
    I just tried this and wasn’t able to connect it to the database.

I’m not exactly sure what you’re asking… but why can’t you do those things?

I think you’ll need to be more specific with your questions if you want any real help here…

Alright, if I can do all 3 of these things, it doesn’t seem simple to do. Sharing where I’m coming from for context.

For clarity:

• I need to be able to upload multiple listing photos at once into the database. Uploading one at a time is a dealbreaker, it would take unnecessary time to do that. I have not seen any options to be able to upload multiple photos and display them in a photo gallery.
  • I need to be able to create a admin page so that I can upload multiple photos for the listings
  • I need to be able to display Matterport 3D tours on my listing pages so I need to be able to attach the html element to a url or embed in the database

With real estate apps, which I see templates for and how-tos on YouTube but they never cover multiple photos, I need to be able to upload multiple photos in to the database. In Wix it’s straightforward, I can just upload multiple photos in the CMS item, from what I’m gathering, there’s a lot of extra work to do this with bubble.

For example:

I just simply click and upload multiple photos then, I’m able to display them in a photo gallery with multiple design options.

For example:

For the upload multiple photos, I need to be able to create a admin page that allows me to upload multiple photos at a time into the database.

For the Dynamic HTML, I add a link in the CMS item and I references it to display on the page:

and it shows on the page dynamically (not active)

It sounds like you’re just saying you don’t know how to use Bubble, rather than asking any specific questions (all of what you’ve mentioned are entirely possible in Bubble), so it’s still not clear what you’re actually having trouble with…

This forum is a great place to get help with specific problems and questions, but if you’re just looking to learn the basics of how to use Bubble, I’d recommend starting with the basic tutorials, and manual…

Then if you have specific more questions you need answers to, I’m sure you’ll get the help you need in here…

• I need to be able to upload multiple listing photos at once into the database. Uploading one at a time is a dealbreaker, it would take unnecessary time to do that. I have not seen any options to be able to upload multiple photos and display them in a photo gallery.

There are plenty of plugins available for multi uploads (have you tried any of them? are you having specific problems with some of them?)

• I need to be able to create a admin page so that I can upload multiple photos for the listings

Ok… what are you having trouble with here?

• I need to be able to display Matterport 3D tours on my listing pages so I need to be able to attach the html element to a URL or embed in the database

Well, I don’t know the first thing about Matterport 3D tours… but a quick look at their website shows that they have APIs and SDKs, with fairly comprehensive documentation…

I’m not sure if you’ll find any specific help about that here on the forum, but if you’ve got general question about implementing/integrating with APIs/SDKs then I’m sure someone can help.

3 Likes

Adam bookmarked your reply to use for the future. hope you don’t mind me stealing it from you.

2 Likes

Hey I didn’t say I’m gonna use it on YOU :slight_smile:

Cool, thanks for all the help y’all!

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.