San Francisco people, let's meet up on Oct 18

Anything ever happen with this? I’d love a Bay Area-based bubble meetup, though Zoom-based for the foreseeable future. If anyone is doing this I’d love to hear about it.

I am based in San Francisco, count me in if anything gets organized.

1 Like

Hi all, sorry to spam but in looking through this thread it sounds like there was an effort some time ago to get a SF meetup going. It looks like folks met once and then it kind of petered out, yes? Obviously, in-person meetups aren’t feasible for the foreseeable future, but I’m wondering if anyone is up for a periodic SF / Bay Area -based Zoom meetup, perhaps? It’d be nice to have a little SF/bubble community, especially for once we’re able to meet in person again.

@ahaller,@alex4,@alexsstockton,@amiller320,@andersan,@andrewngilbert,@ben7,@brentparker76,@brentsum

Hi all, sorry to spam but in looking through this thread it sounds like there was an effort some time ago to get a SF meetup going. It looks like folks met once and then it kind of petered out, yes? Obviously, in-person meetups aren’t feasible for the foreseeable future, but I’m wondering if anyone is up for a periodic SF / Bay Area -based Zoom meetup, perhaps? It’d be nice to have a little SF/bubble community, especially for once we’re able to meet in person again. (re-posting since a max of 10 users per post)

@dan1,@david,@david2,@edd,@eric3,@garrett.mccurrach,@igor,@joann.kuo,@kcronin99

Hi all, sorry to spam but in looking through this thread it sounds like there was an effort some time ago to get a SF meetup going. It looks like folks met once and then it kind of petered out, yes? Obviously, in-person meetups aren’t feasible for the foreseeable future, but I’m wondering if anyone is up for a periodic SF / Bay Area -based Zoom meetup, perhaps? It’d be nice to have a little SF/bubble community, especially for once we’re able to meet in person again. (re-posting since a max of 10 users per post)

@keith,@kenneth_r_schmidt,@laurence,@michael2,@stephanie,@tehoffmann2,@vlad,@winewebservices,@shawnmi6

I think it would be good when we can meet in person. In the meantime, I am feeling the need for an online gathering for providing mutual support in our development. (The SF meetup was strictly social.)

For my needs, this forum has become less and less valuable. Lots of newbies with widely varying needs for help. I occasionally pop in to provide help, but at the level I’m working right now, the people who could provide help are not responding. I imagine it’s a matter of overload.

What I’m envisioning is some kind of grouping by skill, experience, goals and app types. This could be within the forum or on a different platform. I can’t quite define how this would look, but having smaller groups working together on similar kinds of projects might be more productive than what I’ve seen recently in the forum.

And then, maybe in 2022, we can have a San Francisco Bay Area social gathering.

2 Likes

Thanks, Laurence. I didn’t realize that was mainly a social thing and I agree – what I’m interested in is the sort of thing you describe.

FYI, I participated in one of bubble’s (mis-named IMO) “office hours” today and it turned out to be similar to what you describe, but it wasn’t effectively grouped by skills, experience, etc., so wound up a bit of a bust. That said, it was nice to connect with other users, get a look at what people were working on, and see the sorts of problems they were running into.

In any event, I’m happy to help facilitate / organize something if there seems to be sufficient interest.