Search for a text in a list, in another list

I have a repeating group that shows different freelancers for a client.
I want to show only the freelancers that in their category (list of texts, exist as options set) have one (or more) of the categories the customer has defined he’s looking for in his profile (same list of texts/options set).

I thought a simple:
Freelancer_Category contains Current User’s Customer_profile’s Customer_Freelancer_Category

will do the trick, but it remains red, and doesn’t allow to save it.

I didn’t find an answer on the forum, only for search all list in another list.

Try Do search for freelancers constraints of category contains current user customer freelance categories

Hi there, @shmilovich.elad… if I understand your post correctly, I do the exact same thing in one of my apps by using an advanced filter. I believe your advanced filter would need to be something like…

Advanced: This Freelancer's Freelancer_Category contains list Current User's Customer_Profile's Customer_Freelancer_Category

The part of the filter after contains list is hard to define without knowing exactly how you have things set up, but again, I think something like what I wrote above could get you down a good path. Hope this helps.

Best…
Mike

1 Like

Thanks @mikeloc - but I don’t even have the option to use "Advanced: "

I’m in a repeating group.
Type of content is freelancers.
Data source is Search for Freelancers.

And now, I’m stuck in the constraints that need to show only freelancers that have one similar text with my customers’ list of catogories.

Thanks @chris.williamson1996 - but I can’t start with a do search fo.

I’m in a repeating group.
Type of content is freelancers.
Data source is Search for Freelancers.

And now, I’m stuck in the constraints that need to show only freelancers that have one similar text with my customers’ list of catogories.

Hey, @shmilovich.elad… you can use an advanced filter in a repeating group. After Search for Freelancers in your data source, click More and select the :filtered option. Then, when adding a constraint on the filter, scroll all the way to the bottom of the dropdown and select the Advanced… option.

Best…
Mike

@mikeloc I got it in blue, so a good start - but when I run it as a test user, I don’t get any view.

@shmilovich.elad, you will need to provide screenshots or a link to your editor if you want more help.

Just sent you a DM @mikeloc

Thank you!

For anyone who might come across this thread down the line, privacy rules strike again! If you think you have a search set up properly and you aren’t seeing the data you are expecting to see, it never hurts to check your privacy rules to make sure they aren’t tripping things up.

And for anyone who might come across this thread - @mikeloc spent over an hour to review my app and find the reason. @Bubble - you should be thankful for having him as a member of this community.

I am.

It was my pleasure to help, @shmilovich.elad, and I greatly appreciate your super kind words.

Best…
Mike

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.