Seeking Expertise or For Hire: Integration of Advanced Audio File Uploading

I’m currently developing a mobile app using Bubble.io, and I’m seeking someone with expertise in integrating solutions for audio uploads file within the platform.

Here’s a brief overview of what I’m aiming to achieve:

Seamless Large Audio File Upload: Users should be able to easily and quickly upload (only) audio files within the app. File sizes are 50, 80-150MB each.
Efficient User Experience: I want to minimize the steps required for users to upload their files. Any processing or loading should be handled seamlessly on the backend to maintain a smooth user experience.
Folder Selecting Option: Upload multiple files at once, preferably with the option to select the folder rather than just the individual files.
Compatibility with iOS and Android: The solution should be compatible with both iOS and Android operating systems.
Integration with Cloud Storage Providers: Users need the ability to upload audio files from Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive, device storage and iTunes/Apple music.
Storage on Wasabi Database: Instead of storing audio files directly in Bubble’s database, I’m utilizing Wasabi for storage. The file URL, name, duration, and cover art should be saved in the Bubble database.

I’ve explored several options for achieving this integration, including:

1. Direct API Integration with iOS SDKs: Utilizing iOS SDKs to directly implement Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive APIs.
  2. OAuth Flow and API Integration: Implementing OAuth flow to grant permission for accessing cloud storage data, followed by using APIs to retrieve files.
  3. Utilizing Chooser Features: Exploring options such as Dropbox Chooser and similar features for Google Drive and OneDrive.
  4. Creating a Plugin within Bubble.

I’m looking for insights into which approach would be best, as well as any alternative options that might be available. If you have experience in this area or recommendations for a skilled developer who can assist with this project, I’d love to hear from you!

1 Like

Only way (in my opinion), for large files via Bubble, is to create another app (I would use something react-based), and then embed it within your app. After that, you would just have that communicate to your server, or even use an external database provider for your audio data.

This is how I avoid the limitations in which Bubble has with their API, and built-in file uploader.

**EDIT:

And no I’m not for hire at the moment.

1 Like

Hi @cohereandnow,

We can absolutely help you with this. Kindly check my DM. Thanks. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey @cohereandnow ,
Dropped you a message, awaiting your response. :smile: