SendGrid emails not being sent to Hotmail

Anyone else having this problem?

I’m doing some testing now and as of about 12 hours ago, for some reason my hotmail no longer receives any emails from my app/sendgrid but my gmail account does.

This is a well known problem. Outlook, Live, Hotmail, Yahoo, and others block SendGrid emails (though people on dedicated IP SendGrid plans and some people on regular plans have reported not getting blocked). This is because of SendGrid’s poor reputation management. Try alternatives like Postmark, Sendinblue, etc.

2 Likes

Oh I didn’t know that. Thank you!

+1 on @deadpoetnsp’s comment. Had this exact issue a few months back so I first reached out to Sendgrid support, and their options were the following:

1. Pay for their pro plan, then a dedicated IP which would be like $99/mo or something like that

or…

1. Wait for their systems to cycle out your IP

This is when I created a thread and asked Bubblers for recommendations for alternatives: Replacement for Sendgrid

I was then led to Postmark which was HUGE, didn’t take long to integrate their API and I now have amazing email delivery :blush:

1 Like

Awesome. So glad I’ve been bumped to Postmark before launching. Thanks guys!

1 Like

No problem! Let me know if you need some help with setting up Postmark! :blush:

Will do. I’ll likely reach back out in a few weeks when I make the change. Is it difficult? I have a bunch of scheduled workflow API emails, but not on a SendGrid template. Would I have to re-work all my workflows or is it more straightforward than that?

It’s not too difficult to setup, all you’d need to do is switch out the actions where you use Sendgrid to send the mail out.

1 Like

Awesome!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.