Set Dropdown default Value to Database Value

Hi.

I´m using an external database. And want the default value in a dropdown to be the value in the database. How can I achieve that?

I have tried to add a filter constraint but the default value field turns red. Any idea how to solve this? :slight_smile:

Have you tried setting your Default Value exactly like you have the Placeholder in the screenshot?

I solved the default value on my “insert” functionality. But I got another problem:

I’ve successfully implemented an edit function in my Bubble application, but I’ve encountered a new challenge. Specifically, I’m working on retrieving a Unique ID from a row to edit the corresponding data.

I’m currently facing an issue with the Bubble editor where I need to use two different queries – one for the Choice source and another to fetch the default value (the value already registered on the record). Bubble seems to be posing a challenge in handling this dual-query scenario.

I would greatly appreciate any tips or guidance on how to effectively manage two distinct queries for the Choice source and default value in the Bubble editor.

have you got any luck? I’m facing exactly the same issue. I have a list of users and a list o roles. In a repeating group I have my users listed and one field is a dropdown with all available roles in the databse.

It works fine. I can see the choices and when I choose one it triggers an edit which is work fine too.

The problem resides when I list the users, I need the Default Value of that dropdown to be the role ID for each user but this is not working. It reverts to the Place Holder… if I choose any choice, the EDIT trigger works just fine.

Anyone can help me with that?

Thanks in advance

Yes! I solved it like this:

Fantastic!

Thank you very much. Worked like a charm

I owe you a :beer:

Perfect!