Should we create app landing pages in Bubble?

First off, I am a huge fan of Bubble, and I have built many successful projects with it.

Lately, I have been noticing that I might be using it the wrong way, because I was relying on one tool to build the dynamic app and the static pages for it.

And in my experience, building dynamic apps in Bubble is very fast. Building static web pages in Bubble is very slow.

For instance, to insert a section between two other sections in a traditional web page builder, you just drag it and drop it in between. In Bubble, because it’s not a linear stack of sections, you would have to resize your page, push all other sections down, and insert that section above them. And if it needs to be expanded later, you need to do the same.

In addition to that, A/B testing in Bubble is also not very straightforward, and responsive is still not 100% there.

This is leading me to conclude that the ideal way to build with Bubble could be to use a traditional web platform, like WordPress or Webflow for building the static pages and Bubble to build the app itself, which will require hosting the Bubble app on a subdomain, like app.domain.com, while the actual website is hosted on domain.com

What is everyone else’s experience with this? Do you build your app AND static pages with Bubble? Or do you use a different platform/tool for them?

If you build them both with Bubble, what are your best tricks for creating and managing static pages?

And if you build them separately, how do you manage subdomains or subfolders so that your static and dynamic pages are seamless?

Thank you!

@akhella

Long watch but full of gold nuggets:

Interesting resource (paid) that could change some folks opinion about Bubble’s aesthetics:

https://buildcamp.io/guide/mastering-design-in-bubble

Hey @akhella :wave:

Just wanted to share a few of my tricks.

When building, you can use something like openBuild if you want to build faster. You can even create your own blocks and save them. Super helpful when building.

Another suggestion when building a one page app is to leave yourself plenty of space in between elements and collapse the empty space with collapsible groups (I call them Spacers). I make mine red to stand out since they are hidden on page load anyways. Then when you need to add something, just shrink the spacer and you have room to work with now. The default page will be very large but you will have spacers throughout the page which allow you to add elements when you need to without shifting everything down.

I build everything in Bubble and have worked hard at learning the responsive engine. It was worth learning how to do it right.

I have a lot of videos about these sort of tips on my eLearning Hub.

Also, using reusable internet elements or creating one popup for everything really optimized the app.

Hope that helps! :blush:

@j805 www.NoCodeMinute.com

For All Your No-Code Education Needs:

• One-on-One Tutoring
  • eLearning Hub
  • Video Tutorials

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.