Sign users in using OAuth1?

I’m starting a little side project centered around the Etsy community, but the Etsy API use OAuth1. I want users to be able to sign in with their Etsy account. Since API connector does not have OAuth1 out of the box, is there a way to set this up manually?

Thanks.

Can anyone assist with a etsy oauth workflow??? Awhile back I unsuccessfully tried to set it up myself… then @levon oauth plugin didnt work at the time. Does anyone know of a way to get this working??? The scenerio I’m looking to do is have users login so we can import there orders.

I was hoping with the introduction of native signing of APIs in Bubble, this might be easier. But I have not seen it yet.

As an alternative, you could set up a generic Oauth1 signup up in Auth0, and then it is a simpler Oauth2 API with auth0. There may well be a plugin too.

1 Like

i dont believe etsy works with the auth0 plugin. can anyone confirm?? @vparpoil @vparpoil1

is the correct solution to make the calls manually without using the auth0 plugin??? im trying to figure this out and hitting a roadblock.

Doing it manually in Bubble is tricky due to the oauth1 signing requirements.

But you should be able to get it done via auth0 by doing a call to auth0 from the API connector.

Use Tumblr as a template.

The example is in curl, but should not be too difficult to work out how to translate to bubble.

I think it will work. The main functionality of this plugin is to display the Auth0 sign-in page (see the demo page here). If you get the Auth0 signin page to work with Etsy using the generic OAuth1 procedure then it should work

I don’t think it will work, sadly. As you cannot create an oauth1 custom connection in auth0. So I think you will have to call the auth0 management API as linked in the example above.

What I meant is that after creating and configuring the oAuth1 custom connection, the auth0 package should work. As stated in the Auth0 page you linked :

You can use any of the Auth0 standard mechanisms to login a user with the new connection (such as direct links, Auth0 Lock, auth0.js, and so on).

Oh, yes, I read that completely wrong, sorry :grimacing:

So it looks like you could set up the connection from curl/postman and then use the plugin.

@vparpoil @vparpoil1 pm sent