Singup a user with User Type by default

Hi there, @AlexKon… welcome to Bubble!

There are a number of ways to accomplish the design you have described, but in my opinion, one of the best ways would be to use an option set for your user types. Check out this post for lots of great information about options sets…

So, you would create an option set that looks like this…

Then, you would add a type field with a Field type of User Types (which is the name of the option set) to your Users table, and you would set the default for that field to Observer.

Now, when a user signs up, their type field will automatically be set to Observer.

With regard to the page where users will be able to read the descriptions of the user types so they can decide where they want to go, you would add a repeating group to that page and configure it like this…

Finally, you can use actions in your workflows to change a user’s type. For example, when a manager checks a user’s ID and wants to “promote” the user to Member, you might have a button for that…

promote

When the button is clicked, it uses a workflow to change the user’s type field to Member

Hopefully I have understood your post correctly and my response will help you to get down a good path. Best of luck with your app!

Best…
Mike