Slack bot setup - linking email with slack username

Hi everyone,

I am trying to link my bubble dashboard with our companies slack. In the dashboard DB I have the persons email and I have setup an app in our slack.

I want to be able to send a reminder of a due date directly to the person on our slack. Can this be done out of bubble if i only have their email in the bubble database?

Thanks

1 Like

Have you had any luck with this?

Not yet. Had a backlog of other tasks to get through - still hoping it can be done

Hi there. FYI, you should be able to accomplish this using @Taiheta’s plugin (below). It exposes an endpoint to get more info on a given user, including the associated email. That said, I believe you would have to explicitly request the ability to view a user’s email when defining your app’s scopes. (More on that here.) Likewise, the user would actually have to authenticate with your app in order to grant you the necessary user access token.

1 Like

Hi @luke_s ,

To send message to slack, you need the authorization slack token of the user. You can retrieve and store it through the Oauth V2 Acess method here. You can make it through the API Connector, I’ve just done it on my app,

Best