Forum Documentation Showcase Pricing Learn more

[SOLVED] Api Workflow - Pass custom datatype from one Bubble app to another Bubble app

I have an API Workflow endpoint in App 1 which requires a custom datatype (Amenity) from App 2. I then need to add/set a list of App 2’s data type.

Below is a snapshot showing the structure for the custom datatype (Amenity) in both apps:

Below is the workflow setup in App 2 (where I need to run the API workflow):

Once I attempt to run the API Workflow from App 2, to add/set a list of Amenities in App 1, the error message below shows:
Error%20Message

Essentially, I want to modify data in App 1 from App 2. I understand and know how to do this when modifying standard datatypes like texts, numbers, images etc. However, I am struggling to do the same with custom datatypes from another Bubble app. The data structure for the custom data type in both apps are exactly the same (as shown in the second image).

Bear in mind, I am trying to reference data that is stored in App 2 and make it a filtered list (Amenity List) in App 1.

Image A shows the Amenity List under the Property datatype in App 1.
Image B shows the stored data in App 2.

Image A:

Image B:

I will pay someone to help me!

I don’t know if it helps, but it seems to be saying that the Air Conditioning amenity item does not exist.

It definitely id there. That’s the problem I’m having. Am I meant to send the unique ID?

@jamesbond, did you get this figured out?

I’ve never attempted what you’re trying to do, but I’ve read your post more carefully, and if I understand correctly, you wish to create in App1 a reference to - not duplicate of - a custom data type which was defined in App2.

Is that right? If so, then it seems your amenity list in App1 should be a list of texts holding the unique ID’s of the amenities in App2, thereby serving as “pointers” to them.

(To my knowledge, Bubble’s unique ID’s are DB-specific, so App1 doesn’t know anything about App2’s custom data types.)

There might be another, better, more Bubbly way to accomplish what you’re trying to do, but that’s my understanding of Bubble’s custom types.

Don’t know if that helps.

2 Likes

Thank you @shot this did the trick!

1 Like