Solved - privacy rules auto applied to private - Yes/no based condition working on PC but not mobile, wdh?

I’m having a very weird bug, I have an “offer” image that should appear if the item, the thing, has the “offer” value set to “yes”, and it works fine on PC, but NOT on mobile, which is pretty strange.

Thing’s value is yes → show image
Thing’s value is no → do nothing, so image stays invisible

Works on pc, not on mobile.

The image starts as not visible and becomes visible if the conditions is satisfied (and on pc works, on mobile doesn’t).

So I tried setting it visible since the beginning and it shows on mobile, but does not if it is set to invisible and to be shown only when the value of the thing is yes.

Please, HELP.

Maybe it has something to do with translation?
the workflow checks for yes but database has the translation, which in my language is sì, I dunno, just trying to guess

1 Like

Hi @Makks !

If you don’t share more information, images of your editor, conditional tabs and workflows, will be difficult to help you.

It probably could be due to the the default privacy rule regarding the User data type.
The default privacy rule of This User is Current User on the User data type stopping users from seeing other users’ data.
So, check your privacy tab and see if that rule exists. If it does, you can modify it to meet the needs of your app (for example, give users access the yes/no field for other users), and you should be good to go.

I feel it’s all written there;
Thing’s value is yes → show image
Thing’s value is no → do nothing, so image stays invisible

Works on pc, not on mobile.

The value is in the public thing not the user.

Solved - privacy rules auto applied to private.

I applied privacy to some values of the thing, and when i created the new ‘offer’ value, the system auto applied privacy to it.
On pc I was logged in while i was not on mobile.

Thank you to who answered trying to help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.