[SOLVED] Repeating Group entries showing more than once/Create link to new page

Hello guys, Ive been having some difficulties with something I believe is quite an easy fix. Ive created a multiselect dropdown that displays 3 types of “habilities”. An hability is chosen and a repeating group on the same page should show all the users that have these habilities (habilities is a field within Users). However, every line on the repeating group shows all the users repeatedly. I would like to make each line show a single user. Ive tried “unique elements” but it doesnt seem to work for some reason.

In addition, I wonder how I would create a link for each user that appears in the repeating group that redirects to that users profile page. (ex: by clicking on userA@gmail.com I go to userAs page, same for userB and so on…)

This is what my repeating group looks like

Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 8.59.56 AM

This is what I get:

Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 9.01.32 AM

Thanks in advance!

Hi @lucasklegen, i’m not sure i completely understand your requirements.
You stated:
"Ive created a multiselect dropdown that displays 3 types of “habilities”. An hability is chosen and a repeating group on the same page should show all the users that have these habilities "
Do you select only one hability or you can select more than one hability? And if you will select only one hability whey use multiselect dropdown instead of just using a simple dropdown.
Anyway the reason why every line in the repeating group is showing all users repeatedly is because you’re wrongly doing the search on each line. You should rather return the search of users to the repeating group. Then in each line of the repeating group you just display Current Cell’s User’s email.

For your second question as to how to be able to click on each email in the repeating group and shows the user profile, you just need to add a workflow to the email text in the repeating group. On click, you will send the User’s data to say a popup. Then in the popup you can display the user’s details and even have a repeating group to display all the User’s habilities.

I’ve created a demo in the forum app based on my understanding of your requirement below:
Viewer https://forum_app.bubbleapps.io/version-test/habilities?debug_mode=true
Editor https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=habilities&id=forum_app&tab=tabs-1

From my understanding you want to select only one hability to search so i restricted the multiselect dropdown to only one option. But you can remove this restriction on it’s properties. Note that when creating the user the user can have multiple habilities.
NB: All my database things are prefixed with sh_ to avoid name clashes.
Hope this helps

1 Like

Thank you for the help and the demo! Problem solved perfectly in 2 minutes hahaha
You’re awesome