Stripe Checkout - Not working when Payee of transaction is another user

Stripe Checkout works fine when the box ‘The payee of this transaction is another user’ is not ticked.

However, when I try to have the payee as another user (a seller in the marketplace) the checkout does not load at all. I have even checked in Stripe that the contributors have Stripe accounts.

These are my settings when the box is ticked. Does anyone have any idea where I am going wrong?

Maybe check if the user you’re trying to pay is registered as a seller on Stripe, it’s an action you can do in Bubble

Yes, I checked that. The seller has a working Stripe account. I’ve tried it with two sellers who both have accounts. In fact, I completed a test purchase before and it worked - this is 2-3 months ago now though.

Plugin is up to date. Not sure what else may have changed?

@Bubble @johnny

I’ve discovered something very strange…

I can get the above to work with Stripe Checkout when I show the Seller’s Stripe Seller ID on the same page in a text box.

Without the text box or even if I hide it, Stripe Checkout does not load.

I obviously do not want this visible on the page, what do I need to do? Is this a bug?

1 Like

Hey @tristan.adlington, similar thread here: Stripe payee of this transaction is another user

Ambroise

Need extra help?

Book a free 15 minutes call - happy to help if I can

Having same issue. Did you solve this?