Stripe: Oauth to create Account - Question on final step

TL;DR How do I do step 4 of this? Using Connect with Express accounts | Stripe Documentation

I know creating a stripe seller account has been asked before but I just can’t get this working.

I was using the Stripe.js plugin. It worked for collecting CC info & accepting payments. I have the API keys set properly, with the Bearer heading. Now, I’m trying to Create Custom Sellers. However, when I use the stripe.js plugin, it says there is a bug related to an invalid request parameter.

So my current approach is using the Connect URL. Here is the URL Link:
https://connect.stripe.com/express/oauth/authorize?redirect_uri=https://bubble.io/poststripeauth&client_id=ca_**myStripeclientIDNumber**&state=**Current User’s Unique ID**&stripe_user[business_type]=individual&stripe_user[email]=Current User’s email

It works, and it goes through the Express account setup. Here I run into two problems. 1) It only displays the express setup as ‘Test Data’ (even in Live Mode). 2) Once the express account is filled out, it goes to the Stripe Authentication URL with the seller accnt number. Then it displays “please wait” with a loading circle and nothing happens after that.

If someone could help me with registering Sellers I would greatly appreciate it. I am trying to pay my sales reps commission.

EDIT: Right after posting this I received a reply to my bug report to CoPilot (creator of Stripe.js plugin). In summary:

“Some recent changes to Stripe’s API have broken some existing calls to the plugin. We are about a week away from patching it. Alternatively, you can build your own custom API calls.”

So looks like the Connect URL Approach is the way to do it for now…any help appreciated.

1 Like

Bumping this. Would love to know the answer myself. Did you ever find your answer?

Did @copilot / @OldCoBubble ever patch this?

@zelus_pudding These should help:

1 Like

Hey @zelus_pudding,

We can confirm calls have been replaced in upper versions of the Stripe.js plugin though we recommend holding-back they’re stable past testing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@lantzgould, thank you so much for your reply - loving all your pointers at At my wits end with this - Stripe Connect Accounts as well as your GitBook

@copilot, thanks for the quick reply! Got it, the plugin is up to date. When is your Platform Payments 2 Course coming out? I saw that it was aiming for release last month and am eager to go through it.

1 Like

@zelus_pudding Sure thing! :slight_smile: