Stumped On Data [solved]

Im stuck on a part of my app where I want to do a search for a first and Last Name in this data group.

when I go to make a entry for it it gives me this screen.

and doesn’t let me type in the ones with the words.

But when I type in the ones with the words and hit okand go to preview it. It does t come up with anything in the repeating group I have for it.

I have zero coding experience and barley any experience on this site. If you know what is going on or would like to help that would be greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

Hi there,
I may be wrong but I think the Civilian fields are not properly defined.
You have certain fields like Driver’s License defined as being of type Civilian. Although it’s OK to have, in certain circumstances, a field pointed to the same thing the field is part of (I think this is called a recursive relationship), based on your last comment, I don’t think this is what you want to do in this case.

I would do the following, assuming your Civilian is different from a User.

1. remove the “s” from Civilians, and call it “Civilian”. This is the “thing” you are talking about.

2. Remove all the fields in Civilian that are of type Civilian

3. Consider if you will need to refer to Tickets and Warrants as “things” of which you will need to know more about. If that is the case, then you will need to define them separately. Food for a different conversation.

Once you have your “thing” properly defined, put some data in the table that contains them, as you were trying before and then try your search page. Now, I don’t know how you built your page to do the search and show results in a repeating group but in case you have questions, here is a very basic example that may get you going. To make it work, I created a simplified version of your Civilian thing and loaded 3 records (things) in the table that contains them.

Hope this helps,

Alex

Thank you, I finally figured out what the problem is. Have a nice day.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.