Subscriptions on a different platform than bubble App

Hi Bubblers

Due to the unavailability of a Payment Gateway APIs to use with bubble from my Country, South Africa. I have been looking for ways in which I can bypass this limitation and continue with completing my app and send it out to the public to use.

I’m looking for ways to create a subscription platform outside of bubble and navigate my App users to that platform where they can sign up and subscribe to my app.

Using this approach will see me having to do a lot of manual work on my bubble app, updating the users who have subscribed to the other platform and updating their status my bubble database.

Any advice or tips on this approach from the great minds out there.

Your problem here is not Bubble, you just need to find a payment gateway that supports South Africa and has an open API. I believe paypal works in SA and that has an open API that will work with bubble.

There are quite a few. One of them is payfast, I’ve integrated it on my application before. Please check out their documetation below; https://www.payfast.co.za/

Hi bubbablaise3

When you set up PayFast, did they personally assist you or were you able to get it all working on your own? Being new to API’s, the documentation looks like quite a feat. Unfortunately, the payment gateway is the one thing holding up the launch of my apps.

1 Like

You should try and see if it will work) Do they have sandbox account to test things like Paypal?

Thanks @simon for your reply

I will give Paypal another look, I had difficulties with it before. But I will give it another visit if I need to.

Thanks a lot @bubbablaise3

Knowing that you have integrated PayFast successful before it’s a direction to finding the solution that I have been long searching for.

I am still reading the PayFast developers’ documentation and trying to understand it. I am also going through some YouTube videos about API integration, I’m trying to understand more about API integration and hopefully understand the Payfast Documentation.

If you have any tips, YouTube videos or any material you can share that can help me understand better how to go about this integration.

Thank you.

Hi All,

New plugin released for PayFast payments if interested:

Cheers,
Pieter