[NEW PLUGIN] PayFast Payment Gateway (South Africa)

Hey Bubblers!

Some exciting news! We have just published a new plugin for South African payments using PayFast. This plugin currently supports once off payments via Payfast.

Bubble App Demo:

Documentation:
https://vltelecom.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PBPD/pages/882311381/Payfast+Once+Off+Payments

PayFast API Docs:
https://developers.payfast.co.za/docs#quickstart

The documentation is quite detailed however if you need assistance, you can reach out at on this thread.

We’re currently finalising the PayFast Subscription Payments Plugin and should be available on the bubble plugin marketplace soon.

Cheers,
Pieter

4 Likes

Hi Pieter

Nice work. Do you know if Payfast allows for mass payments in cases such as marketplaces?

Great work Pieter. This is great!

Look forward to a subscription addition soon!

Hi @phrase9,

I doubt this is supported currently. Will check into this for future updates.

Regards,
Pieter

Hi @leonidas.petrou4,

Good news, we decided to fast track development and have included both Once-Off and Subscription payments into a single ‘PayFast Complete’ plugin.

I have also confirmed the plugin is now available on the Plugin marketplace.

Regards,
Pieter

Hey Pieter,

Can you please do me/us a solid one. Please can you upload a video somewhere Like Youtube where you show us how to integrate the paygate api to the bubble api connector, since paygate and payfast are siblings.

Hi @seluleko6,

Note that this plugin prevents the need to add the API calls to the Bubble API connector. You simply add the element to the page, complete the element properties and initiate the workflow.

Regards,
Pieter

This is great, thanks @pieter.

Would one off payments initiated using the plugin be secured with a security signature?

Hi @junaid.dadan,

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, it is secured using the security signature as per the PayFast API documentation.

Should there be a signature mismatch, the payment will not be initiated.

Regards,
Pieter

Hi @pieter

How would this plugin work with a subscription service as well as in app purchases.

i.e. on user(seller) sign up they are charged subscription to have a profile and then buyers sign up free but purchase from sellers in app?

regards
Greg

Hi @gregcraig010,

Sounds like you are looking to implement something similar to an escrow app. The plugin currently supports linking only one merchant account (your own).

Users would then be able to subscribe using the plugin or make a once off purchase to a single merchant account.

In this case you would receive the funds in your PayFast merchant account and build in functionality outside the plugin to have these funds transferred to the sellers.

Regards,
Pieter

Hi Pieter

I will only be using my merchant account with payfast, However I’d like to have the subscription at sign up for the sellers profile/sign up and the buyer will purchase via the marketplace those funds will go to my merchant account and setup on back ends to request payout to sellers.

I am also have an error of signature: Generated signature does not match submitted signature.

so do I put the paygate plugin on all pages that require payments, IE on sign up and again when purchasing from sellers (paygate A , Paygate B etc )

Sorry Payfast

Ok, that’s great.

So answers to your questions:

do I put the paygate plugin on all pages that require payments, IE on sign up and again when purchasing from sellers (paygate A , Paygate B etc )

Yes, you would need to add the Payfast element to every page where the payment or subscription will be initialized.

I am also have an error of signature: Generated signature does not match submitted signature.

This is usually caused by the item_name or item_description being too long. Please try reducing this to a shorter string (You can test if it is this by changing this value to 1234 for example)

Cheers,
Pieter

Thank you, I’ll give it a bash

Hi Pieter

IF one had a page with listed videos how would I have the video only playable once payment has been received? Playable to the user who has paid and to send that video to the user who has paid profile. If that makes sense?

Payfast works great

Cheers
Greg

Hi Greg,

I have sent you a DM.

Regards,
Pieter

Hi @pieter thanks for the plugin. It works well most of the time but now and then this error shows up when a payment is being initiated. Please could you advise?

Hi @junaid.dadan,

Thank you for reporting this. Would you mind providing the steps to reproduce this as well as entries from the Bubble app logs when this error occurs?

This can also happen when there are searches in your PayFast element properties like ‘Do a search for…’. If the search is not completed before the PayFast payment is initiated, the post function will not be complete. I would recommend not making use of ‘Do a search for…’ in the property fields and instead reference these values as states or similar.

Additional capacity could potentially also resolve this as it is happening intermittently.

Thank you,
Pieter

Thanks @pieter, I’ll DM you with the details