Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Text element doesn't stretch vertically

Hello,

I’ve put 2 simple text elements in a group.

  • Title = “BIO” (flat text)
  • Description = “ParentUser’s BIO” (dynamic text)

Sometimes the text element of the description doesn’t stretch (even if the text is displayed properly). But sometimes, it stretches like it should stretch (vertically). It happens randomly.

I have no clue why it would do that. Do you guys have a clue or is it a bug?

Capture d’écran 2021-07-24 à 11.35.19

Capture d’écran 2021-07-24 à 11.34.00

EDIT: I tried to check the “Shrink the element height if the text gets shorter” and it appears that the text element doesn’t stretch because Bubble recognizes the text as empty (when the glitch appears, the text element height becomes 0px)

EDIT: Bubble doesn’t recognize the text as empty because I have put the condition: “when Parent’sUser’s Description is empty”, display text “XXX” and it doesn’t display “XXX”. It will just put the height at 0px when “Shrink the element height if the text gets shorter” is checked.

Has something to do with the group that it is supposed to be in…you can clearly see in the example images one that shows the opaque background color of that group stretched the same height as the text itself, while in the other the opagque background is not stretched while the text is.

I don’t think so because I tried to check the “Shrink the element height if the text gets shorter” and it appears that the text element doesn’t stretch because Bubble recognizes the text as empty (when the glitch appears, the text element height becomes 0px)

What is the grey opaque color for? Below it is expanded vertically to fit the text.

Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 10.41.27 PM

Below it is not stretched vertically to fit the content.

Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 10.41.32 PM

That element, whatever it is, is the problem most likely.

The grey thing is just the background of the text element itself. I’ve done this to see what’s happening with the text.

My only thought is to maybe put the text element into a group.

If that doesn’t work I’d send in a bug report.

I tried many things. I just figured something: it appears it’s due to a plugin (that shouldn’t have done this bug)…

Thanks for your time helping!

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.