The Reason We Ditched Bubble (spoiler: it's about SEO)

Hi Mate,

Could you help me?

I can’t find how to solve this SEO problems.
I have dinamyc pages and SEO just detect my index page.

Regards,

Lol. That was me. For me the trade-offs are worth it and to be fair I use azure for a lot of the heavy lifting. But i did on Bubble too bc Bubble just was not up to the heavy lifting I needed even on dedicated.

1 Like

I got great results using ld-json. Search bubble forums, there are some good how-to’s.

You will definitely need to spend time with Schema.org. Basically you’ll need to read up on how to best mark up your site with ld-json and this takes time and might be intimidating depending on your abilities. But it’s worth it.

I used this method for approx 20,000 pages in bubble and the items were often featured in Google’s ‘Featured Snippets’ which exceeded my wildest dreams for SEO.

So worth investing in and there’s a win in there for you if you stick with it.

10 Likes

Still, with individual pages forced indezed, they are not found on Google Search! lol

1 Like

What’s your blog link? Can you find the articles by searching their titles?

1 Like

Is this basically structured data? I searched google for ld-json and what I’ve found looks like structured data.

If it is not, could you provide an example idea of how you implement it into your site? The only thing I took away from it would be it might be helpful to link different blog posts that are of the same content category.

To 20,000 bubble pages, or you linked 20,000 times from within bubble pages?

Can you provide an example of this working from within bubble. I also had a hard time seeing how it improves Seo

Buddy, you have some great concepts/biz models, but you are doing it wrong. Bubble should be your backend, not your front end.

Also, if you are relying on Google search for your main traffic you will die unless you have a 3 year time horizon and cash runway to judge against.

Try webflow/wordpress/wix/anything else to use for your front end.

For your marketing, hire an agency. You need experienceed help.

3 Likes

Which one do you recommend for SEO?

Yep. Bubble creates a dynamic sitemap that contains each blog entry, and Google eventually indexes them and I can find them via search. But I have to put in a very specific search to find them – they aren’t showing up via more general searches.

2 Likes

to echo @sudsy , do you have a bubble demo you can share? i must have signed up for this service and forgot about it but logged back in after seeing this post.
Where would this token go in Bubble or how else does it connect to a bubble app?

Wix is probably easiest.

Wordpress gives you more great plugins for seo and whatever else you can think of and themes to choose from.

Webflow is more granular (complex) but more secure than wordpress. Consider it a Wix for better designers.

5 Likes

Thank you @pbradshaw

1 Like

Makes a lot of sense. Love Softr.

@mmkontis I’m curious what you ended up doing and any advice?

I am launching my site this week having not read this thread, it has to be in Bubbles roadmap whats the point of having a site no one can find? currently I cant find us even with very specific searches. if anyone can give me some pointers as to atleast how to properly expose the sitemap that would be awsomeeeee

1 Like

Could you elaborate how we would keep our application under a subdomain like “app.domain.com ? For example, my websitie is now finished, it’s called www.eventsimo.com, fully created on Bubble. If I create a homepage on Wordpress, I would then presumably direct that to www.eventsimo.com, and then what ‘domain’ name would the rest of my site be under? Sorry for novice question!!!

Also, are we sure that Bubble SEO is that bad? I mean, if I direct quality articles etc to my Bubble homepage, wouldn’t it eventually rank in Google?

2 Likes

You can have your website at the www.(domain).com

And your app at something like portal.(same domain).com or app.(same domain).com

You’ll just have a separate cname/ a record in your DNS settings.

In most SAAS cases the app doesn’t need to rank. There are exceptions like blogging platforms but things like CRMs, internal tools, ride share, finance, etc you don’t need to rank your app.

Rather rank your website built on web flow/Wordpress/etc

Google ranks subdomains completely separately so your SEO on your app and website if developed separately doesn’t effect each other.

You can rank bubble apps however it’s not near as user friendly or as fast to setup/test/optimize SEO on bubble as it is to do with something like Wordpress + Yoast. Also you don’t have near the ability to edit things like site map.

For example single page bubble apps are by far the fastest way to do navigation and user experience but lacks SEO ability like sitemapping through bubble.

5 Likes

That makes sense, thank you.

I agree that sub pages do not need to be ranked. As an example, my app is designed to allow people to create social groups. When I Google “Groups in Brighton”, for example, I see the usual suspects, meetup.com, citysocializer.com etc. I need my app to appear for that search, but also for people search all UK areas (not just Brighton).

I wonder how I should go about trying to SEO all UK areas? My plan (was) to create original content online and link back to my home page, ignoring all other pages as they don’t need to rank. What do you think I should do?

1 Like

You’re going to need a much more advanced strategy than that.

Content is nice however Google doesn’t just rank for content but also your titles, meta data, alt tags, link structures, etc and most importantly backlinks & their domain authority, visitor trust, revisit rate, and time on page.

Until you have decent traffic flowing blog content is virtually useless on its own and more a time suck than a benefit. Used more to scale SEO and social content distribution rather than start it.

1 Like