Thumbnail for Ziggeo video

@appiterator @georgeciobanu @lonetour @nick3

I was able to create a workaround for this. I needed to pull misc metadata from Ziggeo videos and realized the only way was to load a Ziggeo video into a custom HTML5 video player in the dom and use JavaScript to pull specific attributes of the mp4 files. It just so happens that all Ziggeo video files are at a URL ending in [videourl]/video.mp4 and all thumbnails are accessible at [videourl]/image

Here is a full view of the HTML block inside a Group with a ‘Video’ data type that contains the video token (rough attempt at JS, sorry if it’s cluttered):

You will notice the line

var imageurl = videosrc.slice(0, -9)+"image";

This is taking the video URL and removing ‘video.mp4’ and adding ‘image’ (therefor generating a URL the thumbnail image is accessible at)

I am using @mishav’s Bubble Toolbox plugin (Toolbox plugin - collection of utility elements) to grab the duration as well as the image URL and save both as additional datapoints on the Video object (see bubble_fn_duration+imageurl). I run all these workflows immediately after a video is recorded or uploaded. So far working like a charm! I am also using this method on audio objects to pull length and metadata from mp3s.

1 Like