Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Trimmed and Find and replace not working

I cant’t figure out how to get trimmed and find and replace to work. Everything looks like it would work, but still does not work.

I’m collecting inputs FirstName MiddleName LastName Suffix. Then in the work flow when they save it I’m creating a Full name field. Issue is if they don’t enter a middle name I end up with 2 spaces between the first and last name, and if they don’t enter a suffix I end up with a space at the end.

I thought adding :trimmed on the end would take away the space at the end, but it did not work.

I also tried a version where I add find and replace to find " " (2 spaces), and replace with " " (1 space) to fix the middle if they did not enter a middle name. This did not work either. What am I doing wrong?

Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 9.11.07 PM

Hi there, @eric10… I believe with the way you have it set up in your screenshots, the find and replace and trimmed operators are only being applied to the Input Suffix's value. If you get rid of those operators in that step and have a second step where you makes changes to a thing and then apply those operators to the result of the first step’s Name_full, you should be able to achieve the desired result.

Want to give that a shot? Hope it helps.

Best…
Mike

Thank you Mike, I thought I tried that last night, but it still was not working, but when I tried it again this morning I was able to get it to work. Appreciate the help.

1 Like