Update a field in RG

Experts,

I created a table ´meeting´ to record when a meeting is opened. In this table I have a field which accepts multiples text called participantes like stakeholders.

When a I user responsable for the meeting is openining, the user need to add the stakeholder into. I put a input field and RG below. When the stakeholder is added, RG should show the name but it is not working.

Do you think is better to create a table called stakeholder linked to meeting table ?

Best
Anderson

Hi @amunizbrr2 ,

I’d definitely create a separate data type for the Stakeholders and relate them to the Meeting record as you described. That way, your structure looks something like this:

Stakeholder

• Email (text)
  • Name (text)
  • Other details…

Meeting

• Date/time (date)
  • Subject (text)
  • Stakeholders (list of Stakeholders)

Now, when the meeting opens and the admin needs to add stakeholder info, they can Create a new SH record and save details to that specific record and add it to the Meeting’s “List of of Stakeholders” field.

Your RG would be Type = Stakeholder, Source = Meeting’s Stakeholders.

With this separate SH data type, you could also have the relationship in the other direction (related Meeting or list of Meetings), opening up some further flexibility. Anyway, hope this helps!

Cheers, Gaby
Co-Founder at Coaching No Code Apps
Free Bubble Masterclass
Private Help

1 Like

@romanmg

Great. I created a table stakeholders. I created a field called meeting_id which the idea is to record the meeting slug id and the two tables are linked but I am doing some wrong because I dont know what to put.

Best
Anderson

@romanmg

Great. I created a table stakeholders. I created a field called meeting_id which the idea is to record the meeting slug id and the two tables are linked but I am doing some wrong because I dont know what to put.

Best
Anderson

Hi Anderson,

Assuming that a stakeholder can be a part of multiple meetings, you can either just leave the reference to “list of stakeholders” on meeting as @romanmg suggested, or you can add a “list of meetings” field to the stakeholders data type.

In either situation, you are storing a reference to the entire record, rather than just the unique ID.

1 Like

I will try both.

Best
Anderson

@sam.morgan I

I am trying to do this

I am confused how to set in workflow when the press the add stakeholder (dark) button.

The workflow to create the meeting is working. I am trying to do as you suggested.

Best
Anderson

Hi Anderson,

Since your meeting hasn’t been created yet, you’ll want a custom state to keep track of the stakeholders until the user hits the “Create Meeting” button. Create a custom state on your page called “selected stakeholders” that is a list of the stakeholder data type.

Make sure that the input element in your screenshot is actually a “searchbox” element with a dynamic type of content set to be stakeholders.

From there, create a workflow so that when icon is clicked → set state of selected stakeholders = existing state: plus item searchbox’s value.

From there, just make sure that the repeating group’s data source refers to the custom state value.

Then, when the user clicks “Create Meeting,” you can actually create the meeting record, and transfer the list of stakeholders from the custom state you created to the actual database record itself.

Does this all make sense?

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.