Updates for Bubble Email Validator?

Hello,

I was wondering if there had been any updates on the bugs with the Email Validator plug that other users had reported on a few months ago.

I tried the plug in and it seems to not recognize hotmail and outlook emails. Is Bubble working on updates for this plug in?

Thank you,

1 Like

+1 Yahoo mail doesn’t work as well! I got embarrassed in front of users! :pensive:

1 Like

Hello folks,

We have been able to confirm the issue with the email validator plugin; unfortunately, fixing this problem will take some time as it requires a pretty extensive overhaul of the plugin. It’s certainly on our to-do list, though!

5 Likes

any update on this? Thanks

1 Like

Hello Eve,

I hope all has been well. Has there been any update on this plugin?

1 Like

Any Updates?

1 Like

Updates pls? Can’t be too tricky…

1 Like

Doesnt seem like there is any updates yet.

1 Like

@emmanuel any update or suggested work arounds?

Currently, i’m using a Conditional setting
When “Input Type email’s value contains @ and Input Type email’s value contains .”
This element is visible [X]

On my Send Receipt button. I figure this is “good enough” for now…

1 Like

Yup +1 outlook.com emails…

Update— I am using this regex

^[a-zA-Z0-9.!#$%&'*+/=?^_`{|}~-]+@[a-zA-Z0-9-]+(?:\.[a-zA-Z0-9-]+)*$

source: Email regex JavaScript Validation (Regular Expression ) | Example code

I simply removed the leading and trailing forward slash from the example and then applied this to the email input and if the extract with regex count >= 1 then I know it’s a correctly formatted email. So far so good…

4 Likes

Just tried to get this working and gmail seems to be the only thing it recognizes. Is there something else we can use?

i’ve made a demo app with viewable editor to see how you can use the regex extractor to validate email B2b-email-validator | Bubble Editor

here’s the app preview: https://b2b-email-validator.bubbleapps.io/version-test?debug_mode=true

your other option would be to use a paid service like debounce.io which is covered in this thread: Best Email Address Validator Plugin? - #3 by it1

2 Likes

Thanks for the followup @varshneyandson. I tooked at the Demo and it looks like it’s just looking for formatting errors? Missing @ or (.) etc ? When I input a properly formatted, yet bogus, email it still registered as “yes.” Having done it myself, accidentally once or twice, I want to prevent my users from inputting erroneous emails. Is that something debounce can handle? BTW, I’m non technical so this is something I don’t know that I don’t know…

yeah, it sounds like you’re looking for something like debounce. i’d sign up and try their single email validation tool and see if it works the way you’re expecting it to, then you can implement it via the bubble api connector

Hello, any update on this? It is very important for landing page conversions. Please help us !

2 Likes

curious if you ended up trying out debounce or going with another service. i’ve been using forwardemail.net to set up vanity emails for clients and debounce flags emails setup this way as “risky”, so i don’t know if debounce is the way to go in the long run

I’ve pulled back on that, for now. I don’t have the technical acumen nor the time to address this yet. I’m always keeping my eyes open for suitable solutions or workarounds tho. Please post if you find something that works.

1 Like

Hi, still no update on this?

The following JavaScript shows how to validate email address using Regular Expression .

function validateEmail(inText){
  const re = /^(([^<>()\[\]\\.,;:\s@"]+(\.[^<>()\[\]\\.,;:\s@"]+)*)(".+"))@((\[[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\])(([a-zA-Z\-0-9]+\.)+[a-zA-Z]{2,}))$/;
  var email=document.getElementById(inText).value;
  if(re.test(String(email).toLowerCase()))
  {
    alert("Email is valid  : " + email);
  }
  else
  {
    alert("Email is not valid  :  " + email);
  }
}
1 Like