Updating multiple instances of one app

Hello there,

If I am developing an app and I create multiple instances of it, is there any way to push the updates\changes I do on the dev version to the other instances?

@cbauer

I don’t know if I fully understand your question, but I’ll try to help in some way: blush :.

In professional plan you can have 2 dev versions and in production plan you can have up to 20 dev versions.

Also, in the production plan, you can have sub-apps.

Another way to let your apps communicate with each other is by using the Data API feature:

https://manual.bubble.io/core-resources/api/data-api

I hope this helps!

Maybe I need to add some details:
Let’s assume I develop an app which is a show software or similar and sell it to one client.
I setup an instance of that shop, and maybe another one for another client.
If I continue developing the Dev version, how are the changes pushed to the running client instances? Does that help?

@cbauer

Do you mean about cloning your app to sell for different customers? If you mean it, I am sorry I don’t think you can do this automatically.

Yes exactly.
So that means if I change some, I need to manually do this on the other apps as well. : -(
That’s a huge let down somehow and the manual efforts for updates are insane then.
Maybe there is another concept for this. I mean it’s a common thing, so maybe it’s not necessary to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks for the help mateusproto!

1 Like

Hi @cbauer do you find any solution ?