URL path hierarchy management

We have page that receives a type of product.
I was able to make the URL path like this:
www.mybubbleapp.com/product_name

But I want it to be under a category hierarchy, like this:
www.mybubbleapp.com/category_x/product_name

The category is connected to the product with another table in the DB and PK of the Uniq ID.

Will appreciate an advise.

Thanks

There’s a way to do it but it’s not clean unfortunately.

Basically instead of “go to page” actions you’re going to use external URL.

For this example I’m going to assume you have a repeating group of lists of products, each product has 1 or more categories and you’re going to a page called “product” which has a data type of “product”.

You’re going to do “Open an external website” action & the structure will look like this:

Which will result in this
https://domain.com/version-test/product/category/glass-pipes/12-gold-fume-water-pipe

Basically as long as the first path after domain is an actual bubble page & the last path is the product slug you can fill in any paths you want in between.

if bubble could just save us all some time and allow us to set nested paths inside the slug that would be great :sweat_smile:

Thanks @chris.williamson1996 !

I was able to make the URL the way I wanted.
But I get to an empty product page.

Looking at the current process, we are sending data to the product page.
Like this:

I wasn’t able to find a way to forward data this way.
Any idea how to manage this one?

The brackets are just added by Bubble’s new editor
It’s not affecting

1 Like

Make sure your data referencing on groups/elements is current page product

You can do this with go to page action. The page to navigate to can not have content type set. Data to send for go to page action is the path list.

I do this in my apps for speed (go to page action), SEO (path list) and multi language site (first item in path list after page name is language then the remainder of path list).

On the page I just have a group with data type as product and data source is search with constraint using get data from URL which looks at the appropriate path list item number. I can use the same search for SEO title, desc and structured data and it only performs the search once as Bubble support has confirmed for me.

1 Like

Never even considered doing it without a page content type, genius! @boston85719

Do you know if this all translates over to search console and google scraping well? As in do they index it with
/category name/product name/etc as you’d expect?

Bubble uses the page content type & slugs to actually populate site map if I’m not mistaken. Just curious how google sees it.

I create my own sitemap. I store onto the data type a data field the URL for the specific entry (really I have one for each language, but could probably just do as a list field for multiple languages). I then export CSV, then use the CSV to create my sitemap file with Sublime Text.

Yes, I’ve got 100 out of 100 on 3 out of the 4 metrics that are in our control, unfortunately, Performance on my blog articles can’t get above 60, but varies and hovers in the mid 30s b/c of Bubble and my product pages are around 25-40.

Only thing that became tricky was multiple languages and the app primary language versus the users language since when I first set it up Google came to index but got redirected b/c of default language different from language of the URL, so now I just run the language off the URL path list item and ignore the Users language preference…but for single language app it is pretty straight forward.

I was really struggling with Bubbles’ lack of features and in hours worth of back and forth via email with support, an agent told me we can send data as text via the go to page workflow action if the page has no content type…with that little nugget of information I was able to get all the on page SEO despite Bubbles’ lack of features for it.

1 Like

@chris.williamson1996 I was finally able to get it to work with your advice and this tutorial:

Thanks!

Did not understand what @boston85719 suggested. I’m a beginner, so probably miss some obvious stuff…

1 Like