šŸŒ URL Router for Navigation - New Free Plugin from Zeroqode

Hello, @hacker

First of all, I like to note that these parameters are optional. There is the name of parameters you want to fetch from the URL. So you actually donā€™t necessarily have to introduce them.

Since this error in not reproduced on our side, we can recommend the following steps:

• Reinstall the plugin in your already existing app;
  • Use the new router element (Router B) to fix appeared issue.

Still, if you have a solution that works for you - itā€™s better to stick to it, once it is working in your app. :slightly_smiling_face:

We apologize for this inconvenience.
BR,
Zeroqode Team

1 Like

Dear @hacker

If you like our plugin, could you please rate it by going to the Plugins tab in Bubble editor?
You can find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves :smiley:
The more feedback we get, the more motivated to build great plugins :smiley:

Thanks!

1 Like

@petter (Sep '19) Hi, thanks for getting back to me! I probably didnā€™t describe this very well :slight_smile: I know thereā€™s an action that can change the URL without reloading, but Sudsy automatically applies this to all Bubble links (without having to use an action).

Hi,

Thank you for this plugin, itā€™s working excellent for me at the moment.
Iā€™m looking for the same functionality that another user asked about 1.5 years ago. Which is that a link element wonā€™t refresh the page when iā€™m staying in the same page context. Do you have any plans to implement this or know of another free plugin that could enable this?

Thanks in advance,

Lieuwe

Hi @lieuwe_wondaal, thanks for reaching out and your appreciation.

Kindly note that the requested plugin functionality is already available (for example - when on the main Live Demo page you click buttons with category name).
You can check the settings of the elements and workflows on the plugin Live Demo page, to reproduce it on your app.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zeroqode Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for replying.
Yes but those buttons are not actually links. When i right click them thereā€™s no option to open it in a new tab for example. The current link element in Bubble causes the page to refresh which defeats the purpose of having a single page app. It would be great if that could be supported somehow

Hi @lieuwe_wondaal, thanks for your clarification, now I understand your idea better.

Unfortunately, the current Bubble functionality, related to the link element and ā€œWhen an element is clickedā€ action is not allowing the plugin to perform the flow proposed above (as you also mentioned).

We will check how feasible it will be to add the requested feature to the future plugin update, thank you for suggesting it.

Meanwile, considering the fact that the URL plugin is free and its fork is available URL Router for Navigation Plugin | Bubble, you can adjust it by your project requirements.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport ,

I try to use URL rooting for other Bubble pages (not for groups/contents localized in the same page, which you transform as ā€œpageā€ in your demo template, by changing the URL with the plugin).

For example :
In Bubble, i created 1 home page (the index) + 10 other pages

Current behavior
Currently the 10 pages have this url structure, as Bubble allow only 1 path level natively :

Expected behavior
But i would like them to be like this (for SEO purpose) :

These 10 ā€œSEO-optimizedā€ urls should be accessible from the home page (i display a text element ā€œpage_name_xā€ for each page, which acts as the link to each page)

=> Can you please explain how to do it ?
I tried multiple things but nothing work.

Here is my last try :

1. Once any of the 10 texts is clicked on the home page, i trigger a workflow which change the url by adding the intermediary path ā€œcategoryā€

2. Then i add an action to go to this new url because the first action only change the url structure.

3. When i perform the test in development mode by clicking on any of the 10 texts, i see the url is changed as expected, but it says that the page ā€œdiagnosticsā€ doesnā€™t exist

Whereas it exist as you can see here :

Hope itā€™s clear enough :slight_smile:

Hi @trouland, thanks for an interesting question.

Allow me to propose you a workaround that might work in your case to show categorized pages:
See the Loom record for reference:

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport,

Thanks for taking the time to make a video. It seems like a good workaround !

I will try it soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Greetings, all! Loving this plugin but am curious if anyone has a suggestion for using a Router on the page in conjunction with a reusable element. I have a sidebar that I want to use to trigger the Router change and am trying to plan out the best method to trigger that.

Hi @eLPDev, thanks for reaching out and your appreciation.
I am afraid that the current plugin functionality would not allow you to use it within a reusable element. Itā€™s not supposed to work this way (it will work for one page and will fail on all other). Sorry about that.
As a possible solution, I would recommend checking the possibility to insert custom states within workflows (like Show XXXX if page is not ZZZZ).
See the guide for reference: How to Use Custom States | Bubble

Also, as the plugin is free and the code is in public access, you may copy and modify it as per your requirements: URL Router for Navigation Plugin | Bubble

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zeroqode Support Team

@ZeroqodeSupport, thanks for the information. As an addendum, I think I have found either a ā€œbugā€ or simply expected behavior that Iā€™m not aware of. I am wanting to use the Router to reroute on Page Load, which works fine.

However, I also want to then reference the routerā€™s new 1st path and am finding that this is always empty when used in sequence in the page load.

Here is the result in debug mode:

Any thoughts or insight on this? Hereā€™s the Editor link:

Hi @eLPDev, thanks for the question.

I looked into your Editor page and would like to share the following opinion.
You need to place the text element into a group and create a custom state for a group, and not for a text element as it is now.
Please see the screenshot for reference: Screenshot by Lightshot
Weā€™ve tested it on our side and it works well, please test too.

Regards,

Zeroqode Support Team

Can someone link the documentation? I looked on their documentation site and couldnā€™t find it.

Hi @d00219125, thanks for your question.
Unfortunately, currently, there is no supporting documentation available for this plugin. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Allow me to recommend you checking the plugin demo page, where you can see all necessary settings: https://zeroqode-demo-17.bubbleapps.io/router_for_navigation

Also, kindly note that this plugin is suitable for use on all pages except the index.

• Add the Router element to any page you would like to perform routing in.
  • Use the ā€œChange URLā€ action to make changes to the current URL and as a result, fire the ā€œURL Changedā€ event automatically.
  • Use the ā€œURL Changedā€ event to trigger workflow actions that will change what the user should be seeing based on the values of the different paths & parameters extracted from the URL.

Note: The first path is the path immediately after the page name. For example, if the URL is https://test.bubbleapps.io/library/books the 1st path will be booked.

This plugin also handles the dev version and live version which can be set in the router element properties.
So for example, if the URL is https://test.bubbleapps.io/version-test/library/books the 1st path will still be booked.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi there,

I really like this plugin and use it a lot.
I have a quick suggestion: I have a 1 page app, and I am using the Router to display different ā€œsitesā€. What I want to achieve is following:

• A user is in the ā€œFeedā€ and scrolls to the 10th entry.
  • He clicks it and gets to the product page & scrolls within that product page.
  • When he ā€œgoes back a routerā€ he should be scrolled to the 10th entry where he left off (easily doable with a bit of javascript).

The problem: I only have the event ā€œwhen router changesā€ - instead it would be beneficial to have an additional option - ā€œwhen router goes backā€.

Would that be possible to implement?

Thanks for the awesome plugin!
Manuel

Hi Guys

I need help with achieving the following please:

I have one page with different tabs. Each tab is linked to a custom state. Each custom state tab shows different content. I want to use this plugin to create a unique url for each custom state. I have already achieved this.

My issue is this: I want that if a user clicks a link from another page with one of those custom state urls in it, that they navigate to the page without displaying the pageā€™s original custom state content but rather the custom state content of the unique url. So far this does not occur though, and each time I click such a link (or even refresh a page with the new unique custom state url) it goes to/displays the page showing the original custom stateā€™s content and not that of the custom state linked to the new url.

I hope I have explained my issue clearly.

Hello Manuel @maze, Thank you for your suggestion.

Have you tried to achieve this functionality with the Bubbleā€™s standard actions? For instance:

1. when the user clicks on some product in your Feed, set state of that product (current cell index)

2. and when the user ā€œgoes back to the Feedā€/clicks the specific button that leads him to the Feed section, use the action ā€œscroll to the specific elementā€ (use the state youā€™ve indicated in the 1st step) and then refresh the state + change the URL parameter with the ā€œfeedā€ instead of the specific product name.

Hope this idea makes sense. :slightly_smiling_face:

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @phrase9, thank you for your message.

We would best recommend you to check and study our Demo page, click on the link below to get to it. There you can find a similar use of the custom states that you can use for reference in your case.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

I have gone through the link you sent me but am unable to make sense of it because I donā€™t see where the custom stateā€™s are being set in the workflow. In any event I have tried to replicate your demo and am still running into the same issue in that when I directly navigate to a new url set by the router, or refresh the page, the original custom stateā€™s content displays again. My setup and workflow is as in the 3 images below. I am unable to give access so I require guidance here please. Let me know if any of my steps are wrong. Note that ā€œClickTabā€ is a custom state.