I’m sure this is a stupid question but I have spent far too long trying to get this to work - please help!
I set up sendgrid and got an API key, it has full access.
-
I put the key in the email settings and clicked verify - doesnt work, i tried “Bearer API key” too.
-
In the sendgrid plugin i put the API key in both sections as “Bearer API key”
-
I set up a button and the plugin workflow to use a template I made on sendgrid. The template is called TSHEET (is this the template ID?)
If i try and send a plain text email, nothing happens.
If i try and use a template i get this error:
Raw error from SendGrid API - Send email: {“errors”:[{“message”:“The template_id must be a valid GUID, you provided ‘TSHEET’.”,“field”:“template_id”,“help”:“http://sendgrid.com/docs/API_Reference/Web_API_v3/Mail/errors.html#message.template_id”}]}
Do i need to set something else up?
I tried searching the forum but it seems like i have done everything correctly…Im sure I am missing something ridiculously simple so please put me out of my misery!
Not a direct answer to your question but have you considered Sendinblue? Does all sendgrid does but has a generous free plan. It’s very easy to setup too.
Seems like you could still easily change platforms 
P.s. I do not get money to push Sendinblue, just a happy customer (even though I’m not using a paid subscription
)
I will give it a go, thanks. Either way i need to solve this sendgrid issue, I have spent too much time on it to give up (and i know im going to kick myself when i realise what i missed setting it up!)
Thanks 
Understood! If you ever need help setting up Sendinblue API, you can pm me. Glad to help.
You can try this plugin if you like Sendinblue:
Can anyone help me with this?
Hey @DrNinjamonkey,
Upon first glance, looks like you’re not actually providing the Template ID for the template you’re willing to use. If you take a peek of SendGrid’s Templates page, you’ll see the small ID text underneath each template (as well as in the URL while in the Edit mode of a template) which should be used with the SendGrid API.
For the future, it’s a good idea to reach out to a plugin’s developer for support. Since you’re using our Send emails with SendGrid plugin, you could’ve reached out to us at plugins@cobubble.com. 