Version Control Reliability & UX

Hey Bubble team!

Are there any near future updates for version control? We feel that this is a bottleneck for us, and most likely for massive adoption of bubble by other companies - therefore it feels that this could be a priority to tackle? Can you share what are the latest plans for this?

Hey! So engineering work is in progress for a multi-phased, complete overhaul of Version Control (think new Responsive, but for version control :slight_smile: ). The first phase will focus on a new, hopefully more user friendly, reliable, and transparent user experience, while later phases will layer in new functionality like previewing save points and branch change logs.

We will keep the forum updated as we get closer to launch, but in the mean time, feel free to send me a PM if you’d like to be included in any user testing as we work through development.

6 Likes

I am waiting for this one very very eagerly. Please keep us posted on when can we expect this to go live.

@nate6 has summed up the problem with version control really well, and the biggest issue because of that is this:

In our application even though I can add collaborators I am not adding any now because I don’t trust new developers’ abilities. It is landmine like Nate says. This is hurting our progress really significantly.

1 Like