šŸ“¹ Video recorder - New Plugin from Zeroqode

With this plugin, you are able to record a video using the device camera. It allows access to webcam and microphone when prompted by browser, to enable recording. Recordings can be saved in DB, AWS, and Wasabi accounts. Any type of fan videos, crowdsourced videos, or user-generated videos. These could be video
testimonials, video interviews, video contests, video auditions, video reviews, video feedback etc. The plugin can limit video recording time, also it supports pause/play, cancel recording features. It includes many actions and events that make the implementation of your idea nice and easy. Simple to use, simple to record.

Video_record

Life demo: https://zeroqode-demo-23.bubbleapps.io/video_recorder

DEMO & DOCUMENTATION
Video Recorder | Plugin for Bubble by Zeroqode

SUPERCHARGE YOUR APP WITH ZEROQODE PLUGINS
No-Code App Plugins for Bubble | Zeroqode

Levon Terteryan
Founder @ Zeroqode
#1 Bubble Publisher and Developer

logo-icon-S-circle

:file_folder: 130+ Bubble Templates
:mortar_board: 25+ Bubble Courses
:gear: 300+ Bubble Plugins
:iphone: Convert Bubble app to iOS & Android
:man_technologist:t4: No-code Development Services

5 Likes

Hi levon, thank you for this new plugin. Can i use this plugin to take picture from device camera? If no, do you know one that i can do it?

1 Like

Hi, @ldcastanheira !

Thanks for reaching out!
Currtently there is no option to take a pictire from device camera, unfortunately. But weā€™ll add this feature in our roadmap for the future updates.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask :slight_smile:

Best,
Zeroqode Team

1 Like

Great plugin. Perhaps no need for ziggeo but I still have questions that I couldnā€™t sniff from scanning the documentation link

What kind of browsers are tested/supported? e.g. safari iOS? Safari Mac? Chrome iOS? Chrome Mac? Windows chrome?

What about cross platform? e.g. for video recorded on iOS safari, what format is it stored in? Will it be playable in android chrome?

Thanks
ZubairLK
https://twitter.com/zubairlk_nocode

Hello @ldcastanheira

We would like to inform you that we have added the option to take a picture from the device camera. Please update the plugin to the Latest Version: 1.3.0.

Please let us know if everything works well :slight_smile:

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

great questions. Iā€™m very interested in this plug in. Hope @ZeroqodeSupport address your questions soon.

@ZubairLK Ziggeo is on my radar but I havenā€™t been able to dive deeper until the rest of my mvp gets built (prob 2-3 weeks from now). what is your experience with ziggeo? Pros vs cons?

Last time we used it, it was expensive. Especially the HD one. But IIRC, it kinda just worked.
We used the default bubble plugin. UX was slightly hard to tune but overall donā€™t remember too much pain in that project from ziggeo side.

Overall user uploaded video is a pain because of aspect ratios. someone uploads portrait. someone landscape. there is no elegant way. Iā€™m sure large social media giants do all sorts of optimizations for this.

1 Like

Hello @ZubairLK

We apologize for such a late reply!

The plugin is tested and supported on Google Chrome(macOS, iOS, and Windows) / Safari (macOS, iOS). The files are saved in WebM format when recorded from a PC/Mac and stored in mp4 format when recorded on iOS. It is playable in android chrome.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

2 Likes

Hello, does this plugin support the back camera? like, if we want the app user to be able to flip the camera and record not just front but using back camera as well, please advise.

Thank you

1 Like

Hello @preetkamal_88

Our developer team finished the investigation of this feature. Unfortunately, itā€™s not possible to switch between front and rear cameras during recording video, sorry about that. However, you can change the camera type in the ā€œStart Camera Video Recorderā€ action before recording and you can start to record with the rear camera.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Hi, I have an application that records video directly from the webcam. The problem is that this video can not be played on IPHONE (IOS) , this plugin allows to choose the recording format? In another sense, do you know if the recordings made with the plugin can be played on any device?

Hi @sperezp,
Thank you for reaching out. and sorry for the late reply. :pray:

Yes, it can be played on any device that accepts the video format, when you record a video from a PC/Mac or an Android Phone, the files are saved in WebM format and stored in mp4 format when recorded with an iPhone(iOS).
Unfortunatly, WebM video playback is not available on iPhone. If you want to play WebM files on iPhone, you need to use a WebM browser, a WebM player, or convert WebM to MP4 (To convert WebM to MP4 on Windows, you can use MiniTool MovieMaker or any other tool alike).

Please check this link: How to Watch WebM on iPhone? Top 3 Solutions! - MiniTool MovieMaker
Hope it helps.

In case there will be any other plugin-related questions, please donā€™t hesitate to contact me, I will be glad to help. :slightly_smiling_face:
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

Does this plugin allow the choice to record audio-only as an option? I would be very interested if it did.

Hi @guy.blueoceans,
Thank you for reaching out.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to record audio-only, this plugin is suitable for only video recordings. If you would like, you can check the Audio Recorder Plugin for Bubble.
This Audio Recorder plugin acts as an input element and allows you to record voice in .wav , .ogg , .mp3, or .pcm formats.

In case there will be any other plugin-related questions, please donā€™t hesitate to contact us, we will be glad to help :pray:
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

1 Like

@sperezp I also hear good things about https://cloudconvert.com/ for converting video or audio files.

1 Like

This was the solution my friend!!!

Hi, Zeroqode team

I found a couple of issues:

• the plugin doesnā€™t raise the event ā€˜File is uploadedā€™ in case the file is uploaded to the Wasabi cloud. It works well if the file is uploaded to Bubble.
  • An action ā€œReset recordā€ doesnā€™t reset the recorderā€™s internal states like ā€˜Video URLā€™ or ā€˜Recording Statusā€™.

Could you please check?

Hi @evgeny.29, thanks for your patience.

Weā€™ve pushed a plugin update, that has fixed the issue related to the ā€œFile is uploadedā€ event and reset action.

To check changes, please upgrade your plugin to the latest version (Version 1.4.0: Added ā€œFile is uploadedā€ event for Wasabi and AWS. Updated reset action) and try it.

In case there will be any other plugin-related questions, drop us a message :wink:

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Howdy @ZeroqodeSupport!
Just subscribed to the plugin and plan to purchase, but the formatting options are lacking.
Currently, the layout tab looks like this:

One of the other recorder pluginā€™s layout tab looks like this, and is really what yours should be converted to in order to work for us:

Would you please consider an update? Much appreciated!

Hello, @jacob.schuler.

It seems like these Layout settings are become available for the Video Recorder plugin element if you place it inside a group:

It depends on the Layout the parent group of the plugin element have. Can you please tell if this what you are asking for?

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team