Web Search Plugin

Hi All,

I’m trying to use the plugin documented here - Web Search Plugin | Bubble

There aren’t any contact details for help with the plugin.

I can’t work out how to get it working. The only configuration I can get which doesn’t result in a bubble error is for my repeating group for the search results to have:

• A type of 'Web search value (web searching)
  • A data source of ’ Web searching - Web Searches Value’

I’ve created a demo app. Can anyone help??

Depending on what you’re trying to accomplish, a potential alternative is to integrate search functionality using Google programmable/custom search API: https://developers.google.com/custom-search/docs/overview

Here’s a tutorial I made on that topic.

1 Like

Hi

Thanks for your help.

I’m trying to allow users to search for images using a search term.

I have it working using a Bing Image search API but Microsoft charge for the API service.

Would your method be suitable for me?

Do Google charge for this or is it free?

It should work. I believe that Google gives a lot of search credits for free.

Now I’ve had time to look at your tutorial, I realise that this is for a custom search (i.e. to search a specific site). I’m actually looking to do a search of images across the internet (i.e. similar to a google image search).

I’m unclear if I can adapt the information in your tutorial to achieve this. Any tips?

Hey.

Did you finally fix this issue ? I’m facing the same issue since couple of days.
Can you please help ?

Best,
Ulrich

1 Like

I’m also looking to build some image search functionality into my web app. Specifically, I’d like to the user to be able to run a search for a word and then pictures come up that are associated with that word.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Perhaps you guys can try this plugin: [NEW PLUGIN] Google Search

The documentation of this plugin is articulate and is pretty easy to implement despite being quite new.

It contains the data-call “Google Image Search” which is explicitly for image searching. You just need the input the keyword as a parameter. The output will be a list of images, and you can select the URL separately to get the pics.

Hope this helps!

I’ve implement using your tutorial. Thanks a lot for that!

My page display just 10 results, how can I setup it to show more results?
I’ve already disabled fixed number of rows on RG.