Weglot app translate

Hi, I found this plug-in:

Anybody has tried it? Any opinions?

Does it translates dynamic text?

Hi, I’m currently in the process of implementing it on my App.
Yes it translates dynamic text, this is quite amazing. All the information on my database can be translated, disregring the logic complexity on how i retrieve the information. However, to do it, i needed to contact the Weglot support. The good thing is that they are very reactive (answer on next day). The only remaining issue i have is that i cannot succesfully login and logout from a translated page. E.g. I must login and logout the user on a non translated page. Once login is done, there is no issue., it works well. I’ve contacted Bubble support to solve the login issue, expecting their answer. The automatic translation by Weglot is very good quality, obviously it’s not 100% perfect but you can edit easily the translation.

1 Like

Thanks for this detailed information! Please keep sharing here your good and bad experiences with the Weglot plug-in. This can be very helpful to many people, including myself! :raised_hands:

1 Like

By the way, i got one year of Weglot plan to translate 4 languages completely free of charge. You just have to go to https://www.joinsecret.com/ which is a platform to get special deals and buy subscription from them. then ask for weglot 1 year free plan. The saving is largely worth the joinsecret subscription.

1 Like

Wow! Thanks, that sounds like a great deal!

Hi! I followed your recommendation and I am trying Weglot using its free trial.

I am having trouble though trying to translate dynamic text that is retrieved through an external API call.

I tried this:

But it is not working.

Do you know how I can do this?

UPDATE: I deleted the whole cache of my chrome browser, reload the page and now it is working correctly.

Hi, in my case, i solved most of the issue directly asking Weglot support, they did most of the required specific tuning. Just open a ticket, they are super reactive (answer next working day).

1 Like

Hi @sbielecki,

I am also trying to implement Weglot and unfortunately I am experiencing some issues.

According to their team, the host is blocking their plugin and I must contact Bubble for asking them to whitelist api.weglot.com, weglot.com , dashboard.weglot.com, and also allow their user-agent Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0).

Did you have any success with explaining this to the support team?

Thank you!

Hi, in my case, I deleted the whole cache of my chrome browser, reloaded my app and my problem was gone.

However, in the end I decided not to implement Weglot yet in my app. Its still at an early stage for multilanguage, but it seemed great!

Hi @pachocastillosr, thank you.

I just deleted the cache but the issue is still present.

No, i asked Bubble to whitelist some adresses but did not get answer from them. However the only remaining issue for me is that you cannot do login or logout from a translated page. All the other issues of dynamic translation where solved by Weglot without asking support from Bubble. i reported the login/logout issue to Bubble, and yes, they confirmed me that they are looking at it. I do not have answer yet but they communicate from time to time, saying that it is on their list.

I see. I also got in touch with Bubble as well but they said it could months if the Product team determines that they’re going to add the request to the roadmap.

same here…

okay so I deactivated subdomains and the problem isnt there anymore

Hello fellow bubblers.
I’m considering using this plugin to deal with translations, but I cannot seem to find any documentation or description on how it works or behaves.

• How and when is the translation done? On the fly, or pre-analyzis and inserted at runtime?
  • Are there any “delays”? Ie. do you see the English text before it gets switched to the translated language, or is it fully transparent for user?
  • I see some of you mention that it translates dynamic text. Does this include DB text, options-text, and app-text?
  • And similarly, is it possible to Exclude text/objects/list from translation? As an example technical documentation should NOT be translated.
  • I get users locale from login-server as a token. Is it possible to set the translate-to-language of the plugin in a workflow?
  • 2024 : Are you still using it, and what are your feedbacks now?
  • Ohh. forgot: Anyone using it on dedicated bubble platform? Issues?

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for your message, I’m Guillaume from Weglot, and I’d be glad to help you

Actually, the Weglot translation mechanism works like this:

1. It scans the original content of your online website (HTML file)

2. After the scan, Weglot parses (read and cut) the elements between HTML tags.

3. It automatically translates this original content to its translated equivalent. It also reuses the translations that are already in your Translation List if some contents have already been translated.

4. If there are contents that are not in the Translation List, Weglot will translate and add them in your Translation List available in your Weglot Dashboard

Additionally, translations are generated and added progressively to your Translation List when someone (visitors, you or search engine such as Google bots) visits your website in the translated language.

So all your content will be progressively translated and Weglot will be able to automatically detect any new content and to translate it as well.

Regarding the dynamic elements, Weglot is able to translate the content loaded through HTML but also the dynamic content as well. In your case, with the content you’ve mentioned, I think the best way would be to try and see how it goes.
As long as the content is not located in an iframe, we should be able to find a solution :slight_smile:

You also have the possibility to. exclude some content from the translation by blocks and/or by URLs. We have some documentation in this matter (I’m not sure if I’m allowed to link external resources here as it may be against TOS but I’m available to discuss it as well as our support team)

Let me know if you need any further information,
Have a nice day,
Kind regards,