What triggers the upload on Picture Uploader?

I have a picture uploader and if I click on it to upload a picture… it works great even if I use a URL instead of a file on my computer.

But if I use dynamic image property set to an URL it does not upload the picture. It holds the URL as if it were its file.

How can I upload a picture without clicking? Is it possible on workflow? I’d like to get a URL image and add it to an image type on database. So far this image type is only referring this external URL which is not what I want.

The Picture Uploader is not what you need here. Instead, look for ‘saved to S3’ option for the image (and in the reference).

Thanks @emmanuel

I did almost no change when I create the item and I just used :saved to S3 option when the file is requested and it is there, so apparently Picture Uploader saves both the original URL and the file to S3, correct?

The only problem is: One page uses this image on the page HTML header and when I open this page I get the message below. Is this a bug I should report? Because it is impossible for me to track on my side.

Oh no!

We’re having some temporary technical difficulties right now. We’re working on the problem as fast as we can!

In the meantime, try refreshing the page or hitting “back” on your browser just in case things are working again…

We’re really sorry!

Well if you get such a message it seems like a bug right? Please file a bug report so that we can have a look.

OK, I thought it could be related to the database issue so I asked as on other DB maintenance you asked me to wait.