Why does a repeating groups list of things not show when first loaded?

I have been experiencing a couple of issues with repeating groups and how they load and then display the data.

Why does it seem like the data is fetched and retrieved and loaded into the repeating group so much faster than the results are actually displayed in the repeating group?

I already understand about the differences between full list and vertical scroll or ext vertical scroll…that is not what my question is about.

I’ve been needing to find workarounds for showing results of a “fuzzy search” from a set of data with 1715 items. This list apparently is too long for bubble to handle in a time efficient manner, so I needed to come up with ideas of how to “entertain” the user while the results are loading.

My first thought was to set up a conditional to see how long the data takes to load. I set up a timer based on the total number of items in the list. This was basically time stamps, from the time the search button was clicked to the time that the repeating groups list of things count equalled 1715 ( the total number of items ).

When I did this on a R.G. set to full list I saw that the results showed the R.G. list of things count equal to 1715 after 10 seconds…however it took another 20 seconds more for the results to show in the repeating group. Testing with ext vertical scroll and vertical scroll had similar results with the list count reaching 1715 far before the results would show.

I then did a second test using the first letter of the search input and the first letter of the repeating groups search results. What I wanted to do was to set conditionals on a group that would show a message to wait for the results to be returned, while the results were getting fetched.

The idea was that if the user searched for a word beginning with “G” that the group would be visible until the results in the repeating group had its first result that started with “G”…this was basically the signal that the search is complete and the results could be shown.

The problem with the second test was that the search results first item’s letter matching the first letter of the search inputs value was showing as matched far before the search results were actually shown in the repeating group.

So my question is, why does it seem like the data is fetched and retrieved and loaded into the repeating group so much faster than the results are actually displayed in the repeating group?