Why does bubble refresh whole page

I’ve made a table and an input field that let’s me enter data. (just from the tutorial project). Works great.

Challenging myself, i decided to make a button which, when pressed, would replace the content of the first cell with a new string (“Hello”).

That worked too - awesome! BUT… i noticed that to modify it, it requires the whole page to be reloaded. Whereas when I create a new item, no page reloading happens and it’s much faster/ slicker.

Am I doing something wrong or is this just the way it is in bubble?

Thanks

Hey - first of all, hope you’re having a good time with bubble.

As a general rule, whenever you modify the app, bubble will reload the entire page. A black bar appears at the top of the page notifying you that the app has been changed and that you will need to refresh the page in order to get access to the latest version.

However, if you alter any data within the app, like creating a new item, for example, the data is automatically visible in any containers where it is used, and expected to appear. This happens magically without a refresh.

Long answer, but the essence of it is yes - that is they way bubble is designed to work.

Thank you for the reply… yes tbh I think bubble is awesome so far! already excited about the possibilities of what I can create for my company.

So yes, that reloading thing is a bit annoying but I guess it’s not the end of the world. Strange though because if i add new field, or delete field, it happens instantly. but if i modify existing field , it reloads :frowning: weird.

I have another question about AmazonSES email but I’ll do some searching first before i ask it and I’ll post as new question incase it helps others in the future.
Cheers!

1 Like