Why is this group pushed off the screen as page gets narrower?

I have a Top Nav / Header group (1200px width with 20% or 240px min width) that has from left to right:

• Text Element (logotype) with fixed width of 120px, left aligned
  • Menu Item group (contains four text elements) with fixed width of 340px, left aligned, hidden via responsive hiding rule at 668px screen width
  • Login/Sign Up group with base width of 205px (width varies from 87% to 125%), right aligned

The Login/Sign Up group starts to get pushed off the screen to the right when the screen width is 480px

I have no idea why. At first I thought that the hidden Menu Item group was the culprit but it has a fixed width of 340px so if that was doing the pushing it should start pushing it off much earlier.

Any ideas?

More details / descriptions in this video:

Hi @tjc4,

You have “group | texts | group” on that header. Perhaps it could help to have “group | group | group”. If that header is a group (and not a floating group), then check for the responsive settings of its parents as well. That may be causing the push off the screen.

Lastly … seeing that you are vested deep in your project, you may want to consider getting an interesting and fresh take on responsiveness that cannot be found easily online. @gregjohnkeegan just did an awesome workshop that I believe anybody wanting to manage responsiveness well in Bubble, should watch. It is a long watch … but I for one found it very valuable > How To Do Responsive Design in Bubble with Gregory John

Hope you find this interesting :+1:

1 Like

@cmarchan, thanks so much for the quick reply. It was the parent’s (Group Top Nav Small) parent (Group Top Nav) minimum width that was pushing that group off the screen. I checked the parent but forgot to check the parent’s parent.

Now I feel like an idiot for missing that but still glad I asked the question. Probably would have taken me another few hours to figure that out on my own.

Thanks again!

1 Like