Workflow action to stop video playing

We need a workflow action to have a video reset/stop playing in the background. I have looked at all of the explanations for resetting the group, but they don’t work.

2 Likes

https://stackoverflow.com/search?q=stop+html5+video ,

how does this help?

:man_facepalming: you can stop html5 video with javascript. so no “we” dont need a workflow. maybe you do…

Yes, me and a lot of other Bubblers. It is a no code platform, remember.

then buy a plugin in.

Glad to. Is there one available?

Can you have the same video hidden, then after a certain action, hide the original video?

Then show the hidden video and make sure its autoplay is on off?

Still, it should be native in Bubble, since it is basic functionality.

bubble is visual coding not no coding lol. have a search theres probably a couple plugins.

No because the original video continues playing in the background, even though it is hidden.

Yes, but you must admit, getting a video to stop playing should not require javascript knowledge to do something this basic.

what knowledge do you need ??? you literally just copy and paste something from stack overflow. ez

Well first you would need to know where to find the workflow item that runs the javascript.

Then you would need to know which code to select.

I selected the first one (most popular) and it didn’t work.

So it isn’t as easy as you claim.

1 Like

I’ve tried 3 more sets of javascript, and none worked…but come on, it’s just so easy, anyone can do it.

and no plugin

Please try this:

Thanks, but it didn’t work.

Thanks for all the help, but I’m going to have @romanmg take a look at this tomorrow. I’ve wasted too much of my time on this today.

I still stand by my position that this should be native functionality in Bubble. It should not require javascript, plugins, or acrobatic workflows to do something this basic.

1 Like

You can actually do this just by setting a state on the video element, and changing it in a workflow.

Create a state called videoID. When the group containing your video is visible, set state to the ID of the video you want to play. When the group is not visible, set state to no value. Then, your video elements ID for the actual video is the value of the custom state “this element’s videoID”. Works like a charm. I use it in all the videos in one of mine.

6 Likes