Workflows for a review site

Hello!

I am new to Bubble and am unsure of which workflows operate with a monthly limit. I recently purchased a review site template for a directory I am creating and plan on using adsense to generate revenue. However, I am starting to worry that the number of workflows that are needed for a visitor’s profile, reviews, adding businesses etc. might end up costing me more than I could potentially make with adsense. Is there anywhere I can find detailed info on how workflows are tallied?

Thank you in advance! My experience so far with Bubble has been amazing!

-Nikki

Hi Nikki!

Welcome! :slight_smile:

So there are a lot of topics on the forums about what counts towards a workflow as well as the pricing page.

Here’s a good thread to start with

and if you go into your “My Account” while logged in (by pressing your email at the top right) you can find, at the bottom of the pricing table, a link saying “Plans Common Questions”.

Here is the definition according to that:

What is a workflow run?
We use the number of workflow runs that happen on the server to quantify your app’s usage. A workflow is a workflow that you define in the Workflow Tab of your app. We only count workflows that contain data operations, and don’t count workflows that are only for navigation purposes (change page, show element).

Finally, I’ve yet to experiment with AdSense myself, but a quick forum search pulled up this thread:

As far as calculating all of this together and telling you if it’d be profitable or not, unfortunately, there’s no easy answer to such a deep question. My instinct says it would require a lot of fine tuning, but I’ve been known to dwell on the details too much - so don’t necessarily take my business advice!

I hope this is of some help and happy bubbling!

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and detailed response! So helpful! You rule :slight_smile:

1 Like

Use the adwords planning tools to find out what kinds of terms get what kinds of bids. Depending on the content of your site, you should be able to get some rough idea of how much ads cost. Not sure how to find out how much of that revenue you’d receive. Then do some rough calculations. For example, if you have 1,000 pageviews per month and your conversion rate is 1% (it is usually very, very low and people use adblockers, etc.) and you are paid $0.25 per click, that is 10 clicks x $0.25= $2.50. Your mileage may vary, of course.

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you!!